Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4349
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSNS time! yayaya" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Feb-26-09 11:35 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4349, "MSNS time! yayaya"

Ordered the parts, and as soon as they meet up with my MS unit i'll be in buiness. I've got the MSNS 2.0.1 extras downloaded already.

This comes after another stock ECU took a dump on me...grrrr... I've got as many stock MSNS maps downloaded as i could find and as many pages of MSNS related stuff saved to my computer.

My one question at this point is...Has anyone ever ran MSNS with just spark at first? That's the part of my ecu that took a shit on me, again. And i've read many times were you should just start with one part of MS and get that running good then move on to the next. Well all the posts i read were people useing fuel first then spark...

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MSNS time! yayaya, Moderatorteklein, Feb-27-09 07:19 AM, #1
RE: MSNS time! yayaya, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-27-09 07:47 AM, #3
RE: MSNS time! yayaya, djtrickee, Feb-27-09 01:58 PM, #5
RE: MSNS time! yayaya, SilvrEclips, Feb-27-09 07:22 AM, #2
RE: MSNS time! yayaya, Warmage12, Feb-27-09 09:21 AM, #4
      RE: MSNS time! yayaya, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-27-09 08:24 PM, #6
           RE: MSNS time! yayaya, Warmage12, Mar-03-09 01:14 PM, #7
           RE: MSNS time! yayaya, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-03-09 01:46 PM, #8
                RE: MSNS time! yayaya, eclipse982nrRST, Mar-03-09 08:44 PM, #9
                     RE: MSNS time! yayaya, Warmage12, Mar-08-09 10:40 PM, #10
                          RE: MSNS time! yayaya, Moderatorteklein, Mar-09-09 06:25 AM, #11

ModeratortekleinFeb-27-09 07:19 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4350, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 0

OMG!

Yayaya!

Cant wait for the threads involved with this little endeavor.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Feb-27-09 07:47 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4352, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
OMG! Yayaya! Cant wait for the threads involved with this little endeavor.

:p

---

2012 2500HD LML

djtrickeeFeb-27-09 01:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4354, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
OMG! Yayaya! Cant wait for the threads involved with this little endeavor.

I miss Gil Lee....

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

SilvrEclipsFeb-27-09 07:22 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#4351, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 0

You should be able to run spark control first just fine.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Warmage12Feb-27-09 09:21 AM
168 posts,
#4353, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 2

Good, thanks. I was sweating a bit wether i would be able to do that.

And yes. This should be interesting... i hope i get it to work quickly. I can't wait to get some more money roliing, get that nitrous and throw some cams in that bitch.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-27-09 08:24 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4355, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 4

Oh Jesus.

You might as well just order a new engine while your at it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Warmage12Mar-03-09 01:14 PM
168 posts,
#4358, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 6

You seem to have little trust in me...i built my motor. Its run fine, beautifully for the fact that its mostly re-used parts. With a lil help i'll be well on my way. We can see what kinda power different parts will make with a good ecu.
I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...

420agreenvilleSCMar-03-09 01:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4359, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Oh Jesus. You might as well just order a new engine while your at it.

i have one for sale. He will probably need it.

Jesse, you say that people don't have much trust/confidence in you. Little trust comes to people who ruin their motors by trying to install butterfly's from honda throttle bodies in 420a throttle bodies, and your constant theories that come from your mind that are random novice-like questions/concerns. just my .02

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

eclipse982nrRSTMar-03-09 08:44 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4363, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST Oh Jesus. You might as well just order a new engine while your at it.
i have one for sale. He will probably need it. Jesse, you say that people don't have much trust/confidence in you. Little trust comes to people who ruin their motors by trying to install butterfly's from honda throttle bodies in 420a throttle bodies, and your constant theories that come from your mind that are random novice-like questions/concerns. just my .02

Mikey is right. And your right too, I have zero confidence in you pal.
Anyone can build an engine, its nuts and bolts. However, running MSnS is not for goof balls.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Warmage12Mar-08-09 10:40 PM
168 posts,
#4386, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 9
Mar-08-09 10:42 PM by Warmage12

I bet you could never tell who i was in person by the way i act. I'm no goof ball and yes, there is a huge difference in complexity between a mechanical engine and a digital computer...that's why one was invented waaaayyyy before the other in that order. As long as there are no wierd unforseable problems then alls good...

and mikey... the throttle plate didn't kill the motor. That plate fit perfectly. It idled like a dream and the response felt great, comparitvely speaking to the stock size. It was my failure to notice the bolt i had over tightened and stripped on accident...that's what killed my motor. A hard lesson learned and i have the ruined pistons and head to prove it. I ALSO have shreaded bearings to prove another failure. I can admit my failure. But everyone seems to ignore my successes when they do come...

I will overcome this problem just like every other problem... Live and learn.

Anyway. Anyone wanna share their dwell settings...i got, right now...

cranking dwell of 6.0
running dwell of 3.6
and a basic minimum dishcharge period of 0.1ms

95 RS sold...

ModeratortekleinMar-09-09 06:25 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4387, "RE: MSNS time! yayaya"
In response to Reply # 10

I always knew using engine parts from a COMPLETELY different manufacturer for a COMPLETELY different engine was a great idea.

Good job Jesse

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4349 Previous topic | Next topic