Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4308
View in linear mode

Subject: "megasquirt decisions?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dsman1Jan-24-09 07:50 PM
Member since Sep 18th 2008
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4308, "megasquirt decisions?"

ok. sorry if i am bothering all of the veterans on this site but every time i search for somethig i get either 0 results found or information i need but cant understand. if anyone wouldnt mind, i need a thorough breakdown on what i need for my set up. I have a stock 420a and i am just trying to run on 8 psi as a daily driver.
i have installed a t3/t4, (i know overkill), fmic, fcd, and full exhaust.
now i need to tune. i know i need a wind band o2s, and a bigger fuel pump and im not sure of injectors. when my car is cold it takes 8 psi just fine so im guesing my stock injectors are up for the task. i was wondering which version of megasquirt to purchase and where i can get the kit cheapest. also what do you guys think about fuel system upgrades? what else if anything is required to install and program?

Thank you to whoever takes the time to deal with a newb.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-25-09 07:44 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4310, "RE: megasquirt decisions?"
In response to Reply # 0

For 8 psi you dont need a MS at all. Run stock injectors and a 12:1 FMU. Dont make it more complicated than it need to be.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dsman1Jan-26-09 12:26 PM
Member since Sep 18th 2008
23 posts,
#4312, "RE: megasquirt decisions?"
In response to Reply # 1

do i still need a bigger fuel pump

SilvrEclipsJan-26-09 04:46 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#4313, "RE: megasquirt decisions?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes you do.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

scorpo86Feb-28-09 01:56 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#4356, "RE: megasquirt decisions?"
In response to Reply # 3

would you need the wide band o2 as well, or can you leave that out?

Slo2gFeb-28-09 04:57 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#4357, "RE: megasquirt decisions?"
In response to Reply # 4

If you go with MS then I HIGHLY recomend it. If you have just an FMU its a set it and forget it type thing, unless you change the disc out in it. So you don't NEED it but its nice to have.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4308 Previous topic | Next topic