Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #412
View in linear mode

Subject: "Few electrical connection questions for the MS.." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSFeb-27-05 02:13 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#412, "Few electrical connection questions for the MS.."
Feb-27-05 04:32 PM by XtremeRS

I'm in the process of wiring up the 2 GM sensors in the engine bay right now, and have a few other questions..For the TPS signal, we just tap right off of the brown/red wire right? No resistors or anything special here? The crank position sensor- just tap off of the blue/white wire also?? I will also be using the Mitsu power transistor ignition module for spark, so does anyone have the pin-outs or wiring diagrams of how to wire this thing up?(Lee i know ya do since you are using it

As far as the injectors, does it matter how they are wired to the MS drivers? Like 1+3, and 2+4 together, or do both drivers fire at the same time?(this is a programming option, which one do we use?) Thanks for any info..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MrSlickFeb-28-05 03:30 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#424, "RE: Few electrical connection questions for the MS.."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by XtremeRS
I'm in the process of wiring up the 2 GM sensors in the engine bay right now, and have a few other questions..For the TPS signal, we just tap right off of the brown/red wire right? No resistors or anything special here? The crank position sensor- just tap off of the blue/white wire also?? I will also be using the Mitsu power transistor ignition module for spark, so does anyone have the pin-outs or wiring diagrams of how to wire this thing up?(Lee i know ya do since you are using it As far as the injectors, does it matter how they are wired to the MS drivers? Like 1+3, and 2+4 together, or do both drivers fire at the same time?(this is a programming option, which one do we use?) Thanks for any info..

Just tap those wires and all will be good.

As far as the ignition module... I'll make the real wiring diagram later... wires are something like this...

5-Pin Module:

I1 - Input 1 - wire to X11 on MS
O1 - Output 1 - wire to Coil Pack Cylinders 1+4
I2 - Input 2 - wire to X12 on MS
GND - Ground
O2 - Output 2 - wire to Coil Pack Cylinders 2+3

7-Pin Module:

I1 - Input 1 - wire to X11 on MS
O1 - Output 1 - wire to Coil Pack Cylinders 1+4
I2 - Input 2 - wire to X12 on MS
GND - Ground
O2 - Output 2 - wire to Coil Pack Cylinders 2+3
12V - +12V, No Conneciton needed, drives Tach circuit in module
Tach - Tach output, No Connection needed

As for Injectors... I use 1+3 to bank 1 and 2+4 to bank 2... injectors fire in alternating Batch fire...

Cheers.
Lee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Feb-28-05 03:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#425, "RE: Few electrical connection questions for the MS.."
In response to Reply # 0

...For the TPS signal, we just tap right off of the brown/red wire right? No resistors or anything special here?

Yep. Just tap the center pin on the TPS. You have to calibrate it in MegaTune though.

...The crank position sensor- just tap off of the blue/white wire also??

I think so. Make sure your board has the crank sensor hardware modification and check the option in MegaTune. I'll be snowed in tomorrow so I'll probably do the mod to the board so it will accept the factory crank sensor.

I will also be using the Mitsu power transistor ignition module for spark, so does anyone have the pin-outs or wiring diagrams of how to wire this thing up?

http://www.stealth316.com/2-pwrtransunit.htm

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamXtremeRSFeb-28-05 05:11 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#427, "RE: Few electrical connection questions for the MS.."
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the info and links there guys..As for the crank sensor, Lee, you will be doing the board mod for that right? Calibrating the TPS is fairly straight forward too?

My plan is to get just the MS controlling fuel at first until i get a good tune..then connect up the ignition. With the board mods being done for ignition, there wont be any conflict with leaving the ignition portion disconnected?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

MrSlickFeb-28-05 06:13 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#428, "RE: Few electrical connection questions for the MS.."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the info and links there guys..As for the crank sensor, Lee, you will be doing the board mod for that right? Calibrating the TPS is fairly straight forward too? My plan is to get just the MS controlling fuel at first until i get a good tune..then connect up the ignition. With the board mods being done for ignition, there wont be any conflict with leaving the ignition portion disconnected?

Yupp the mods come for the crank sensor...

As far as TPS calibration, thats only for Megatune... MS doesnt need any calibration.

And yes best way to do it is to run fuel only first... then run spark later once the fuel is working right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #412 Previous topic | Next topic