Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3904
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please Help with the rest of the wiring" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowJul-25-08 11:46 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3904, "Please Help with the rest of the wiring"

I have these wires left: inj 1, inj 2, o2, tachometer output, fan control (switched ground to relay), +8v voltage output, fuel pump, f-idle, tps sig, tps vref and 12v power from source that has power while cranking.

I bought an injector harness that has a resistor pack wired into it so im not sure where to connect the inj 1 wire and the inj 2 wire to. What wires do i connect them to? Which o2 wire do i splice into? Where do i connect the tachometer output wire to? Where do i connect the fan control wire to? Where do i connect the +8v voltage output to? What wire do i tap for the fuel pump? What is f-idle and where does it connect to? Which stock tps wires do i tap for my tps vref and tps signal wires? Where is a 12v power source while crnaking on my 1995 eclipse and where do i wire it to?? How does my wideband connect to my ms unit?
Keep in mind this is a standalone unit. Please help me out if you can i have searched for hours on here and on msextra.com

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-25-08 04:36 PM, #1
RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-25-08 06:09 PM, #2
      RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-26-08 12:47 AM, #3
      RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-26-08 03:26 AM, #4
      RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-26-08 06:20 AM, #5
           RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-26-08 07:53 AM, #6
                RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-26-08 10:58 AM, #7
                     RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-26-08 11:24 AM, #8
                          RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, VelocitaPaola, Jul-26-08 12:12 PM, #9
                               RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-26-08 06:07 PM, #10
                                    RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-26-08 06:18 PM, #11
                                         RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-27-08 03:26 AM, #12
                                              RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-27-08 07:59 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-27-08 02:08 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-27-08 03:49 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 03:25 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-29-08 02:39 AM, #17

ModeratorCorbinJul-25-08 04:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3907, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow
i have searched for hours on here and on msextra.com

?nwod-edispu rotinom ruoy saW

Life will be much easier if you buy a factory manual with electrical supplement. Once you know what the wires on the car do, you need to figure out what the wires on the MegaSquirt do. Then the wiring mysteries all become clear.

First, you have a wiring harness with a resistor pack. Do you need a resistor pack? What impedence are your injectors? Does your MS have a flyback circuit built? As far as inj1 and inj2 wires, they control the ground path to the injectors. Since you have four injectors and two injector driver wires, two injectors will share each driver. You may choose to join the #1 and #3 injectors to inj1 and the #2 and #4 injectors to inj2. #1 injector is closest to the timing belt and the others follow in sequence from there. A stock injector harness would probably have the #1 injector wire as light green with black stripe, #2 injector wire as yellow with red sripe, #3 injector wire as yellow with green stripe, and #4 injector wire as light green with red stripe. The 12V supply for the injectors is shared between all four injectors. A stock harness would probably have this wire as heavy gage black with red stripe. You might choose to hook that to a 10A fuse that feeds from a relay. That relay could also power the MS through a separate 10A fuse. That relay could be triggered by the ignition switch ON position using the heavy gage black wire with white stripe.

The O2 wire on the MS should probably be connected to the output from your wideband controller. You may wish to power the wideband controller from a relay triggered by ignition switch ON.

I would suspect that the tach output wire would go to the solid white wire that triggers the stock tach.

If you have one fan control wire, that could trigger the stock HI condenser and radiator fan relays. That is a green wire with orange stripe near the relay box. Or you can use your own relay and send 12V to the white wire with black stripe (radiator fan) and the light blue wire with white stripe (condenser fan).

The 8V output could be sent to the crank sensor power (solid yellow wire) and speed sensor power (solid yellow wire). You still need to ground these two sensors (black with green stripe wire). The crank sensor output (light blue with white stripe) can go to the MS for RPM input. The speed sensor output (yellow with white stripe) still needs to go the speedometer.

The fuel pump wire could trigger the stock fuel pump relay (white with red stripe).

Fidle is fast idle. If you had a fast idle solenoid to kick up the idle speed when the engine is cold or AC was on, you would trigger it with the Fidle wire. You could probably get away with just kicking up the idle permanently by turning the throttle stop screw a little to open the throttle (you can use pliers).

TPS Vref goes to the green wire with yellow stripe on the throttle position sensor. The TPS signal wire goes to the brown wire with red stripe on the throttle position sensor. You still need a ground for the sensor (black with green stripe).

That should be a start.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowJul-25-08 06:09 PM
271 posts,
#3911, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-25-08 06:55 PM by 95eclipseSlow

No I do not need a resistor pack.I have high impedance injectors.As far as a flyback circuit I'm not sure. I know I have MS1 with v3.0 board.What ms wire do I connect the crank sensor output to?What wire do I connect the speed sensor output wire to and where is it located?Where is the heavy gage black wire with a white stripe located? Is that wire the ignition switch wire? What if I did the fuel pump rewire mod, where do I connect the ms fuel pump wire to then? Where might I find that solid white wire for the stock tach?

Thanks.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-26-08 12:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3912, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 2

Hmm, did you read through this?

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS%20INSTALL%20(parts/wiring%20only!)

It may be able to answer some of your questions.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

95eclipseSlowJul-26-08 03:26 AM
271 posts,
#3913, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-26-08 04:35 AM by 95eclipseSlow

yes i read through it. You also kept your stock ecu too and didnt mention some of the other wires.

ModeratorCorbinJul-26-08 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3914, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 2

If you have high impedence injectors, you can ditch the resistor pack and don't have to worry about the flyback circuit. Your MS should have a tach/RPM input wire that connects to the crank sensor output. The speed sensor output wire needs to go to the stock speedometer. You will certainly find the stock speedometer trigger wire (yellow/white stripe) up near the speedometer. If you left your stock harnesses in place, you will also find this wire near the stock ECU location. The ignition switch ON wire (heavy black/white stripe) is up near the ingition switch. If you kept your stock harnesses, you will also find it near the stock ECU location. The MS fuel pump wire controls the ground path to the coil of your chosen fuel pump relay. It doesn't care if you connect it to the stock fuel pump relay or run it back to an aftermarket relay for the "fuel pump rewire mod". If your MS has a tach output to drive a stock/aftermarket tachometer, then you can connect the MS tach output wire to the solid white wire up near the stock tachometer. If you kept your stock harnesses, this wire could also be found near the stock ECU location. A universal standalone ECU installation is pretty deep stuff. You really need to have a factory electrical manual handy. It will have diagrams of every wire, circuit, and connector in the car. Reading through that will not only help you find the right wires, but gives you an idea how any ECU (stock or MS) interacts with its sensors and actuators.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T

95eclipseSlowJul-26-08 07:53 AM
271 posts,
#3915, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 5

im still not sure which wire to connect the fuel pump wire to on the relay. I dont think my ms has a tach input but i know it definately has a tach output. What should i do about the tach input?

ModeratorCorbinJul-26-08 10:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3917, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 6

If you want to do the "fuel pump rewire mod", look at the diagram here:

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/minj.htm#supply

Where it says "Pin 37 on DB37", that would normally go to your fuel pump wire coming out of the MS. Your MS has some sort of RPM input wire. Otherwise it is going to have an awfully hard time figuring out when to fire the injectors and ignition. Perhaps you have misinterpreted one of the other wires.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T

95eclipseSlowJul-26-08 11:24 AM
271 posts,
#3918, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 7

the only wires i have are

iat,clt,tps,o2,ign,gnd,ig2/3,ig1/4,inj1,inj2,12v,spark output cylinders 1 and 4,spark output cylinders 2 and 3, tachometer output, fan control, and +8v voltage output.

Will one of those crank sensor wires take care of it? Since there is the 8v one and the crank sig wire. Im confused with this tach input thing. It didnt come with two tach wires only one, and its the output. Am i missing something?

VelocitaPaolaJul-26-08 12:12 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#3919, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 8

The "tach in" wire or crank angle sensor signal wire is labeled "IGN."

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

95eclipseSlowJul-26-08 06:07 PM
271 posts,
#3920, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 9

alright i already had that wired up, i was wondering if they were the same thing or not. thanks for clearing that up.

95eclipseSlowJul-26-08 06:18 PM
271 posts,
#3921, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 10
Jul-26-08 06:29 PM by 95eclipseSlow

so if i followed the fuel pump rewire write up thats in the wiki, which wire would i connect the ms fuel pump wire to. Sorry im just overlooking something or something i just dont know which one to connect it to. Oh and do any wires have to go to my stock front o2 sensor? Im using the o2 wire for the wideband so how does my ms unit get the narrowband reading, or does it even need the narrowband reading for anything? I also need some help wiring up the alternator regulator. What plugs into the little black female hole on the back of the ms by where the harness plugs in?

95eclipseSlowJul-27-08 03:26 AM
271 posts,
#3922, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 11
Jul-27-08 04:56 AM by 95eclipseSlow

This is all i have left. Fuel pump wire and external alternator voltage thing.I followed this fuel pump rewire write up:

http://www.raktron.com/fuel/rewire5.html

Going to my alternator there are two wires that go to the plug ther are red and blue. Which wire goes to the red from the external alternator voltage thing? I still have no idea which wire to connect the ms fuel pump wire to. What happens with the stock o2 sensor since it doesnt have any ms wires connected to it and the stock ecu is unplugged? How do i connect the speed sensor output to the speedometer? Whcih wire is the speedo wire and is there one close by the stock ecu location?

95eclipseSlowJul-27-08 07:59 AM
271 posts,
#3923, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 12
Jul-27-08 01:38 PM by 95eclipseSlow

i got it. I just spliced into the stock fuel pump relay wire. Thanks guys. Im going to try to start her up tomorrow.

ModeratorCorbinJul-27-08 02:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3924, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 13
Jul-27-08 02:10 PM by Corbin

Someone doing a standalone installation can't follow the Raktron fuel pump rewire instructions word for word, as it uses the stock fuel pump relay to trigger the secondary relay (just like the 2GNT instructions). That supplies a positive voltage to trigger the relay, with the other side of the coil grounded. The instructions assume that you have a stock ECU triggering the stock fuel pump relay. The MS will work exactly opposite (like the link I posted earlier). The MS supplies a ground path to trigger the relay, with the other side of the coil connected to a 12V (could be from ignition ON). 87 can go to the battery and 30 can go to the fuel pump positive terminal (or 87 to the fuel pump and 30 to the battery). With the MS, you would connect the fuel pump trigger wire from the MS to one side of the coil (say 85). Then you would connect the other side of the coil (86) to a 12V source like the ignition ON wire discussed earlier. Please take your time with configuring the software and the initial startup. The wiring thing is really simple and clear-cut compared to the software configuration and tuning. If someone already loaded a base map that is perfect for your installation, it will seem so easy. If you are starting from scratch, brew another pot of coffee and read the Megamanual from front to back a couple times.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T

95eclipseSlowJul-27-08 03:49 PM
271 posts,
#3925, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 14

Well i am going to start with tps calibration. I had my laptop hooked up to the ms and when i was just sitting there my throttle position was at 9% and when i had the gas pedal all the way to floor it was only at 74% How do i get it to 100% when the gas pedal is to the floor? I looked at the tps calibration thing and it said something ADC, i dont know what adc means so i didnt adjust it.

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 03:25 AM
271 posts,
#3926, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 15
Jul-28-08 03:28 AM by 95eclipseSlow

Trieed to start it this morning and all it did was crank. I cant get this damn car to run. Can someone please help me? I have low impedance 450cc dsm injectors. Base map??

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-29-08 02:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3944, "RE: Please Help with the rest of the wiring"
In response to Reply # 16

Can someone please help me? I have low impedance 450cc dsm injectors. Base map??

No I do not need a resistor pack.I have high impedance injectors.

So which is it?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3904 Previous topic | Next topic