Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3824
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??" Previous topic | Next topic
96BlckGSJun-08-08 04:19 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2005
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3824, "Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"

Ok i just have a quick question, im wondering if i splice the MS injector wires into my stock ECU injector harness, wont there be a conflict with the ECU wanting to control the injectors and the MS wanting to control them as well?? If someone could please explain this to me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, djtrickee, Jun-08-08 05:24 AM, #1
RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, mreigle, Jun-08-08 05:46 AM, #2
      RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, 96BlckGS, Jun-08-08 09:14 AM, #3
           RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, djtrickee, Jun-08-08 10:25 AM, #4
                RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, 96BlckGS, Jun-08-08 12:10 PM, #5
                     RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, VelocitaPaola, Jun-08-08 12:34 PM, #6
                          RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, djtrickee, Jun-08-08 03:59 PM, #7
                               RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, Slo2g, Jun-08-08 05:01 PM, #8
                                    RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, 96BlckGS, Jun-09-08 05:57 AM, #9
                                         RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, ez, Jun-09-08 12:23 PM, #10
                                              RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, djtrickee, Jun-09-08 02:55 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, ez, Jun-09-08 04:55 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, 96BlckGS, Jun-09-08 06:23 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, djtrickee, Jun-10-08 05:03 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, 96BlckGS, Jun-10-08 07:42 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, THEMAN4LYFE, Jul-15-08 05:59 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-18-08 03:07 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??, THEMAN4LYFE, Aug-13-08 07:45 AM, #18

djtrickeeJun-08-08 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3825, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 0

Why would they still be hooked to the ECU?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mreigleJun-08-08 05:46 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#3826, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 1

Your injector harness has a quick disconnect that seperates it from the main engine harness. I went to the junkyard and pulled one of these connectors and then wired the MS to it. That way I can switch between the MS and stock ecu. You wouldn't want both to be sending voltage a the same time. It would be one or the other.

96BlckGSJun-08-08 09:14 AM
71 posts,
#3827, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 2

ok well wat i guess im asking is, i have a pigtail that is run right to the MS right now and i want to make it so that CEL number is gone for not having the stock ECU injector harness hoooked up, so wat your saying is i cant just hook up the stock ECU injector harness and then just splice the MS wires into each injector

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

djtrickeeJun-08-08 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3828, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 3

No.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

96BlckGSJun-08-08 12:10 PM
71 posts,
#3830, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 4

ok? so then what can i go, just while its being inspected plug the stock harness in and then when the inspections done switch to the MS?

1996 Black Eclipse GS
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

VelocitaPaolaJun-08-08 12:34 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#3831, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 5

Yes.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

djtrickeeJun-08-08 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3832, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Yes.

Yes. But make sure to drive it enough to clear all the stored codes if your state checks for such things. There are certain driving/load conditions the stock ECU needs to see to clear codes that might prevent the ECU from showing a ready state.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Slo2gJun-08-08 05:01 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#3833, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 7

don't forget to swap the injectors back to stock also.

96BlckGSJun-09-08 05:57 AM
71 posts,
#3836, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 8

is it safe to drive it with the stock ECU controlling fuel?? and i dont have the stock injectors in there i have a 2G stock turbos injectors 450's i believe, will that be a problem

1996 Black Eclipse GS
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

ezJun-09-08 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#3837, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 9

On a related note, I know of one case where someone hooked up an extra four non-functional injectors to the stock ECU while controlling the functional injectors with the aftermarket computer. He kept the 4 extra injectors underneath his seat - He just had to deal with the injector ticking!

I wonder how the ECU checks that the injectors are plugged in anyway, anybody know?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

djtrickeeJun-09-08 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3839, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by ez
On a related note, I know of one case where someone hooked up an extra four non-functional injectors to the stock ECU

Still throws a code.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

ezJun-09-08 04:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#3841, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by ez On a related note, I know of one case where someone hooked up an extra four non-functional injectors to the stock ECU
Still throws a code.

Why is that sir???

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

96BlckGSJun-09-08 06:23 PM
71 posts,
#3842, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 12

well djtrickee, i talked to DarkOne and he told me to hook up the stock injectors to the stock injector harness and zip tie em together and let em chill in the engine bay, that way the ECU still recognizes the stock injectors are there, he said he did it and it worked

1996 Black Eclipse GS
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

djtrickeeJun-10-08 05:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3846, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 13
Jun-10-08 05:08 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by 96BlckGS
well djtrickee, i talked to DarkOne and he told me to hook up the stock injectors to the stock injector harness and zip tie em together and let em chill in the engine bay, that way the ECU still recognizes the stock injectors are there, he said he did it and it worked

Do whatever you want.
No one here said it wouldnt work. No one here also said you won't blow up your car, which I could see happening.
Expect the stock ECU to throw multiple codes when dealing with the megasquirt install.

I know for a fact that it didn't work on mine, nor did it work on Star Turbo Talons(terry) and several others as well.

See here:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1707&mesg_id=1707&listing_type=search

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

96BlckGSJun-10-08 07:42 AM
71 posts,
#3848, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 14

ok well first off i have been running MS for about a year and a half now and the only codes ive thrown are the EGR which has nothing to do with MS and the 4 CEL's for the injectors. The car has been running great and it hasnt come close to blowing up, and im just trying to make it inspection ready so i can sell it

1996 Black Eclipse GS
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

THEMAN4LYFEJul-15-08 05:59 PM
Member since Dec 23rd 2007
20 posts,
#3893, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 15

Can someone tell me why the ms cant simulate a code to make the ecu thinks its controling the injectors. The AEM unit has a feature like this and it works on the v6 avengers and others. Maybe im asking on the wrong forum.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-18-08 03:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3895, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by THEMAN4LYFE
Can someone tell me why the ms cant simulate a code to make the ecu thinks its controling the injectors.

Because its not written into the MS code. That would be illegal.....

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

THEMAN4LYFEAug-13-08 07:45 AM
Member since Dec 23rd 2007
20 posts,
#3985, "RE: Wiring MS wires into Stock ECU injector harness??"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by THEMAN4LYFE Can someone tell me why the ms cant simulate a code to make the ecu thinks its controling the injectors.
Because its not written into the MS code. That would be illegal.....

Just about any car with OBDII using m/s is illegal. So whats the big deal long as the car has all the proper smog features or meets the regulations for emissions?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3824 Previous topic | Next topic