Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #381
View in linear mode

Subject: "How many running MegaSquirt N/A?" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Feb-25-05 05:55 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#381, "How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"

How many people are running MegaSquirt naturally aspirated? I just installed it last weekend and it's running pretty good, hammered the idle down perfect yesterday, working on the higher rpm now. Anyone else got it all-motor?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-25-05 06:19 AM, #1
RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Keith2172, Feb-25-05 06:25 AM, #2
      RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-25-05 08:00 AM, #3
           RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Initial DSM, Feb-25-05 02:30 PM, #4
                RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, MrSlick, Feb-25-05 02:41 PM, #5
                     RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-25-05 04:59 PM, #6
                          RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, 95venge, Feb-25-05 05:55 PM, #7
                               RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Keith2172, Feb-26-05 09:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, FunRS, Feb-27-05 03:40 AM, #9
                                         RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, BumpinTalon, Feb-28-05 01:42 PM, #10
                                              RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Keith2172, Mar-02-05 02:02 PM, #11
RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, ForceFed, Mar-09-05 12:44 AM, #12
RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Keith2172, Mar-09-05 05:56 AM, #13
      RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, TeamDR1665, Mar-13-05 09:04 AM, #14
           RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, jdpilot, May-17-05 03:08 PM, #15
                RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Keith2172, May-23-05 12:58 PM, #16
                RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, Teamner947, May-23-05 05:41 PM, #17
                     RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?, TeamDR1665, May-24-05 11:20 AM, #18

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-25-05 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#382, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats. I'm in "waiting" mode right now.

AFAIK nobody has it N/A. Hopefully I can get it in and working in the next 2 months.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Feb-25-05 06:25 AM
1281 posts,
#383, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 1

I hope I'm not the only one, I think MrSlick was for a few seconds, but I don't know.

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-25-05 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#385, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 2

I will be, once I get it and install it. I'm also in "wait mode."

Exile Racing Technologies
http://exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy

Initial DSMFeb-25-05 02:30 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#389, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 3

How long is this "wait mode" usually?

MrSlickFeb-25-05 02:41 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#390, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 4

I actually did run my car N/A with the Ms for a while... had to when I had my turbo out at one point... I just left hte turbine housing in place, and made a block off plate to replace the center section.

I think by "wait mode" they mean theyre waiting for me to get caught up on orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-25-05 04:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#402, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MrSlick
I think by "wait mode" they mean theyre waiting for me to get caught up on orders.

rs-autosport has taken about a month already too. So much for their 2 week turn-around they have posted.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

95vengeFeb-25-05 05:55 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2004
146 posts,
#405, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey guys. I'm wondering about this also. But for me I'm going to run the MSnS w/ boost. I was wondering if it would be smarter to install and tune the Megasquirt on my car before I put the turbo on. Then once I get the turbo on and whatnot, just tune it from there. You think this will work out good?

\ Boosted '95 Avenger 420a - R.I.P.

Keith2172Feb-26-05 09:42 AM
1281 posts,
#408, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 7

OK, so far Im the only one N/A. MrSlick doesn't count cause he's a god and you can't compare gods and mortals. Everyone else needs to MegaSquirt their cars if they're N/A so as Im not lonely anymore and can trade info and maps.

FunRSFeb-27-05 03:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#410, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 8

Ha man I be there as soon. I'm trying to get the parts togther.

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

BumpinTalonFeb-28-05 01:42 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#421, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm probably going to do it to, instead of finding an MTX ECU to get my extra 1,000rpm back after the manual swap. of course, this won't happen until school is done but hey. whateva I'll just steal your maps.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Keith2172Mar-02-05 02:02 PM
1281 posts,
#435, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I'm probably going to do it to, instead of finding an MTX ECU to get my extra 1,000rpm back after the manual swap. of course, this won't happen until school is done but hey. whateva I'll just steal your maps.

hopefully by then I'll have it figured out and be working on timing maps to

ForceFedMar-09-05 12:44 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
#463, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Keith2172
How many people are running MegaSquirt naturally aspirated? I just installed it last weekend and it's running pretty good, hammered the idle down perfect yesterday, working on the higher rpm now. Anyone else got it all-motor?

Hey Keith it's Michael01 over at msefi.com. Did you ever leave the wire for the fuel relay or did you route that over to MS?

Keith2172Mar-09-05 05:56 AM
1281 posts,
#469, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 12

I currently have the car running on the stock ECU, but the MS is controlling the fuel pump and the white w/red wire is capped and dangling, NO CEL I think it's just the injectors that throw CEL's, the fuel pump wire being disconnected has no effect.

TeamDR1665Mar-13-05 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#503, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 13

I'll be running MSnS NA for a couple months while I piece together my turbo system. Of course, I am still in "wait mode" too.

jdpilotMay-17-05 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#823, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 14

Thread from the dead. Just curious if you all have it running N/A yet and what your maps are? Thanks

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Keith2172May-23-05 12:58 PM
1281 posts,
#879, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 15

Holy cow, I forgot about this thread. I stopped running off the MS until I get a proper fuel system and my TechEdge in, but now I have to rebuild a '72 Super Beetle for my girlfriend, so it'll be a little while till I get some maps. Once I get everything running woth the WBO2 I should have some pretty decent maps and when I scrape enough scrap together I'll hit the dyno to tune it further. I'll get there sooner or later.

Teamner947May-23-05 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#880, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 15

N/A VE and spark tables should look a lot like a "turbo" table below 100 kPa. There are quite a few MSQ's posted over at MSEFI.com that you could use to get you started.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamDR1665May-24-05 11:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#882, "RE: How many running MegaSquirt N/A?"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by ner947
N/A VE and spark tables should look a lot like a "turbo" table below 100 kPa. There are quite a few MSQ's posted over at MSEFI.com that you could use to get you started.

Good call. I've still got to make the time to complete this install. I saw this thread bumped and thought I might get lucky with some numbers or something. I'll be running her NA at least through tax time next year. Once I start moving on this project again, I'll be tracking my adjustments to share with everyone.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #381 Previous topic | Next topic