Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3357
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS Relays" Previous topic | Next topic
RS-TAug-14-07 12:56 PM
Member since May 29th 2007
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3357, "MSnS Relays"

I'll admit I don't know much about Megasquirt. It was installed by the previous owner and I'm still learning it. I've got the basics of tuning down. The problem is that I hear a clicking noise like a bad relay from the board. Its only when the car is running. I can turn the keys and just hear the fuel pump normally. Does this happen often, do I just need to replace the relay? Who carries something like that, Radioshack?

Its Megasquirt I on v2.2 board. Thanks guys.

Rebuild In Process

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SlushboxAug-16-07 10:32 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3365, "RE: MSnS Relays"
In response to Reply # 0

Megasquirt should not have any mechanical relays on the board unless the board is modded. Crack it open and take a peek. As far as components, MCM electronics or digikey, Radiocrack carries some things, but the selection sucks and varies by store.

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RS-TAug-17-07 01:25 AM
Member since May 29th 2007
67 posts,
#3369, "RE: MSnS Relays"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry, I have a relay board too. I don't think if thats a common thing to have or not.

In anycase its a black relay on the relay board.

Rebuild In Process

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3357 Previous topic | Next topic