Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions with MS for first start up finally!" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJul-22-07 02:11 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3330, "Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
Jul-22-07 02:11 PM by eclipse982nrRST

The goal is to start up the car finally on Thursday morning!!!!
I have some questions I need to find out answers on though before I get started...

*How many and which red LEDs on the side of the MS should be lit up?

*I am going to just upload the 720cc injector file that Terry gave me on the CD and try to start it off that...do I just burn that to the MS or can I just open it off the disc?

*I talked to xceler8 and he tried to explain to me how to change the file for my AEM wb02, said I need to go and change the settings under the Megatune...under settings, then what, all I seen were constants, enrichments, and VE Table.

Lastly, any other words of wisdom, things to look forward to besides a headache or anything else I should be aware of before trying to fire it the first time?

As most of you know, or if you didnt know, this is my first shot with MS, so I am a NEWBIE!!! I will be doing lots more searching here, but I will be asking questions frequently too, so if you guys could just help urge me on and get going, I would greatly appreciate it guys!

Thanks to those who take the time to help me out!

Oh, and I am only running fuel for now, no spark yet.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, VelocitaPaola, Jul-23-07 11:59 AM, #1
RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-25-07 01:24 AM, #2
RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-25-07 05:56 AM, #3
      RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-25-07 09:22 AM, #4
      RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, eclipserst3, Mar-16-08 08:35 AM, #5
      RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, 97esiboosted, Apr-01-08 12:55 PM, #6
           RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-02-08 01:00 AM, #7
                RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-11-08 03:58 PM, #8

VelocitaPaolaJul-23-07 11:59 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3331, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-23-07 12:00 PM by VelocitaPaola

*How many and which red LEDs on the side of the MS should be lit up?

I know the outer two LEDs should flash every time there's an ignition event. Those should be going on and off while you crank. If the LEDs aren't working, you need to make sure the power supply for MS you've chosen provides a constant +12V while cranking (the ignition switch is the only place to really get this).

*I am going to just upload the 720cc injector file that Terry gave me on the CD and try to start it off that...do I just burn that to the MS or can I just open it off the disc?

You need to open the MSQ in MegaTune then burn the data to the MS chip. Even though we all know and trust Terry, and I'm sure his MSQ is rock solid, I would still look through the MegaManual and the MSnS-E site to familiarize yourself with the settings and make sure everything is as it should be.

Begin here... assuming your MSnS-E box is configured properly hardware-wise, just look at the bottom of the page for software settings specific for the 420A MSnS-E edition:

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html

When you're done with that, take a look here... You should fully read these before attempting to start the car:

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Software_Manual.htm
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Tuning_Manual.htm

*I talked to xceler8 and he tried to explain to me how to change the file for my AEM wb02, said I need to go and change the settings under the Megatune...under settings, then what, all I seen were constants, enrichments, and VE Table.

I have no idea about this one... I've never used the AEM WbO2.

Lastly, any other words of wisdom, things to look forward to besides a headache or anything else I should be aware of before trying to fire it the first time?

Just read through those manuals I linked you to. As long as the box is setup right, and you're starting off with a solid MSQ, you should be fine. Last but not least, take it very slowly -- don't rush anything. I know you might be anxious, but it's very important that you don't rush. Make sure the car is idling flawlessly before you begin driving it. Then, start tuning it in small increments up the VE table. Good luck!

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-25-07 01:24 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3333, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 1

Mike the MSQ is already in the MS. Kinda hard to actually test the MS on my car without the MSQ in the MS ECU...

Dont over think it....just start playing with it. If your unsure then wire the MS up to monitor sensors as you leave the stock ECU controlling everything and then you can familarize yourself with Megatune.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-25-07 05:56 AM
6314 posts,
#3334, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 1

Okay guys, I am having some issues here w/ the MS.

Everything on this link that shows how to set the settings for the ini file and stuff, I cannot do.
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Tuning_Manual.htm

I am getting tons of errors.
I have downloaded the following:
MegaTune, MSTweak, MS Log Viewer. It will not let me d/l the ini file.

When I try to open up Megatune to start with all my settings, these are the errors I am getting in order:

WARNING: MegaSquirt-1.ini.429-OuputChannel definition for "blank1" is corrupted, starts with '19'"
entry ignored

WARNING: MegaSquirt-1.ini430-OutputChannel definition for "blank2" is corrupted, starts with '20'"
entry ignored

WARNING: Megasquirt-1.ini431-OutputChannel definition for "blank3" is corrupted, starts with '21'"
entry ignored

Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'Gve2'

Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata1'

Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata2'

Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata3'

Controller version does not match signature in Megasquirt-1.ini
Expected "0x14 (found in ini file)
Recieved "'(from controller)

Table corruption may occue, this is usually a very serious problem!

SOOOOOOOOOOO, lol, what the hell does all this mean guys?
Thanks for the help!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTJul-25-07 09:22 AM
6314 posts,
#3336, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I finally got the Megatune opened correctly...I had to fix some settings that were off and MegaTune opens fine now.

Tomorrow, I am going to re-wire my power supply wire for the MS, and try and start it with the stock ECU running the injectors for now like Terry mentioned. After I get all my tables set on the Megatune screen, I will then plug in the injectors and let the MS run those and start the tuning from there.

I will keep you guys updated.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipserst3Mar-16-08 08:35 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2006
204 posts,
#3660, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 4

dude, i'm seeing the same error codes, how did you fix this?

got that megasquirt!

97esiboostedApr-01-08 12:55 PM
Member since Feb 03rd 2005
125 posts,
#3682, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Okay guys, I am having some issues here w/ the MS. Everything on this link that shows how to set the settings for the ini file and stuff, I cannot do. http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Tuning_Manual.htm I am getting tons of errors. I have downloaded the following: MegaTune, MSTweak, MS Log Viewer. It will not let me d/l the ini file. When I try to open up Megatune to start with all my settings, these are the errors I am getting in order: WARNING: MegaSquirt-1.ini.429-OuputChannel definition for "blank1" is corrupted, starts with '19'" entry ignored WARNING: MegaSquirt-1.ini430-OutputChannel definition for "blank2" is corrupted, starts with '20'" entry ignored WARNING: Megasquirt-1.ini431-OutputChannel definition for "blank3" is corrupted, starts with '21'" entry ignored Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'Gve2' Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata1' Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata2' Output Channel 'blank2' cannot be found for datalog entry labeled 'userdata3' Controller version does not match signature in Megasquirt-1.ini Expected "0x14 (found in ini file) Recieved "'(from controller) Table corruption may occue, this is usually a very serious problem! SOOOOOOOOOOO, lol, what the hell does all this mean guys? Thanks for the help!

Can you please tell me how to fix these. I am seeing the same things

]
http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1326

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-02-08 01:00 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3684, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 6

To fix thins you need ot make sure the ini file is copied to the Megatune directory in your c: drive. then you connect and read the ms, resave the config and that should correct the errors. READ the install notes that were included in the CD. It does mention the reason for these errors.

eclipse982nrRSTApr-11-08 03:58 PM
6314 posts,
#3696, "RE: Questions with MS for first start up finally!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
To fix thins you need ot make sure the ini file is copied to the Megatune directory in your c: drive. then you connect and read the ms, resave the config and that should correct the errors. READ the install notes that were included in the CD. It does mention the reason for these errors.

correct

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3330 Previous topic | Next topic