Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3324
View in linear mode

Subject: "mega log view questions and dyno stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
xceler8Jul-19-07 05:52 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3324, "mega log view questions and dyno stuff"

Here's my thing, I got 440's in now, I did some dyno tuning on my car a few weeks back and I was just looking at my logs for it, I think my readings came in off some how, but it showed my injector duty cycle at like 103! Is that even possible?? I was at 193kpa at redline 7200 rpm's. The dyno read 10 psi of boost and 269.4 whp, my afr was at like 10.8 at redline as per the dyno graph and my aem uego. It showed up right on my ms, but not on mega log. My ms isn't corrected for barometric, so normal alt here it sits at about 96 kpa with the car off, so take off 96 kpa from my readouts and it gives me around 97kpa of boost. But my friggin afr was way off from what the dyno showed and what my gauge was reading me. It dipped down into like 8.8 afr, when my gauge was almost identical to the dyno at 10.8 at red.

So here's my things, anyone else have this issue? How do you correct for the kpa and barometric problem. cause if I had only 10lbs, then my ve map was all the way up to 191kpa with a lot of fuel added.

So this makes me think about how my ve map is all out of whack now to take in account of another almost 100kpa I need to add that isn't even in boost. What do you guys running high boost know about this issue? How about my 440's hitting 103 duty? And my afr showing like it is?

If I could get it corrected, and fix my friggin boost controller to let me go more than 10lbs. I will be upgrading my injectors to something bigger like a 780 or so. What do you guys think? Looking to go towards 16-20 lbs on my 60trim. I want to get it back ont he dyno with these upgrades soon and get the nx intercooler bar spraying next time around to give you guys some numbers and dyno charts fo what ms can do.

I also have a ignition problem right now too. I can't get that up and running, realy pissing me off! I think I have a burnt piece on my board by my x-11 and the serial connection. If anyone wants to take a look and can get some pics of it?

Thanks a lot, lots of stuff here, but have been doing a lot of reading and experimenting.

Peace-

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

xceler8Jul-21-07 02:27 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3328, "RE: mega log view questions and dyno stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

Terry, anyone know anything about this who could chime in-

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KirbyJul-25-07 08:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#3335, "RE: mega log view questions and dyno stuff"
In response to Reply # 1

Did you calibrate the AFR reading in log viewer to match your wide band? The voltages can vary for certain readings from brand to brand. Maybe something you already know or did, but if you didn't specify it in mega log viewer it could be an issue.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

BigRandSep-21-07 12:23 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2005
29 posts,
#3435, "RE: mega log view questions and dyno stuff"
In response to Reply # 1

Your duty cycle can spike up that high right when you start the dyno pull....I used to be worried about that too, but then I went for a run and had someone watch the duty cycle for me, and the spike occurs right before a shift, or when you slam on the gas....it has to do with the acceleration enrichment map, and the MS catching up to what your throttle is doing.

---------------------------------------
~Randy
99 GS(w/turbo)
285whp/300ft-lbs

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/420aturbo

WickedESiSep-23-07 04:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#3439, "RE: mega log view questions and dyno stuff"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup ^, duty cycle is just what is requested to the injector. You obviously can't be open over 100% of the time. A quick spike to 100% (or over, same thing) is ok, that would just be the accel enrich.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3324 Previous topic | Next topic