Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3156
View in linear mode

Subject: "A Bug in 029v firmware for MSI" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Apr-24-07 09:15 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3156, "A Bug in 029v firmware for MSI"

I think I found a bug in 029v firmware for MS-I chip.
Don't now if it is just me or all of you guys.
Well, after manually enter all the settings into my newly flashed firmware (029v) I found out for VE table, the lowest left corner.. the first bin at the bottom, is always stuck with the default value. for me is 39. I tried over 15 times, with reset, reflash, burn, fetch, import export.. tried many many ways.. as soon as I close the VE table, or turn on/off the MS, that one single bin will return back to 39. everything else is fine! except that one. I guess it is not a TOO big of a deal, since that bin is a forever not visit bin..but still. .I think it is a bug. just wanna let you guys know and see if you guys have that problem as well.
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
more problem with 029v firmware., gilee_8, Apr-24-07 03:07 PM, #1
RE: more problem with 029v firmware., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-24-07 06:04 PM, #2
      RE: more problem with 029v firmware., gilee_8, Apr-25-07 12:29 PM, #3
           RE: more problem with 029v firmware., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-26-07 04:27 AM, #4
                RE: more problem with 029v firmware., gilee_8, Apr-26-07 09:41 AM, #5
                     RE: more problem with 029v firmware., WickedESi, May-03-07 03:51 PM, #6

gilee_8Apr-24-07 03:07 PM
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3159, "more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 0

I am pretty sure 029v has some problem, or requires additional changes to get it to work...
I basically got it running, but after 2 hrs of diagnostic, I found out that, if I turn on MSnS and 420A/Neon decoder under the "codebase and output function" the car will not run! my Engine MAP will get STUCK at 306kPA when I turn on my car (before I crank or start the engine) and of course, I cannot start the car, seems like the MS is just not working.. no fuel, or RPM,, nothing. took me so long before I found out the MSnS and decoder option is the cause.
having either one enabled is good, but if I have both on, the car will not START!
This is very weird!!
But this is working perfectly fine for me in 029q2.
Any of you have this problem?

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSApr-24-07 06:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3160, "RE: more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 1

You should never have 2 of those options enabled at the same time! We ONLY use the neon/420A codebase function, thats it. Never set any other function as this may confuse the code.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Apr-25-07 12:29 PM
1441 posts,
#3163, "RE: more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 2

OK... I thought I have to turn on MSnS right above 420A/Neon, inorder for me to get spark working? that's what I thought 1 year ago.
And I had that setting (both MSnS and 420a/Neon) turned on for my 029q2 for the past 1 year.. working perfectly!

So I guess that was a bug in 029q2?

I really want to confirm on this, so all I only need is to have 420a/Neon turn on, and below that, I turn on SparkA and SparkB. no MSnS is needed? is this correct?

I want my setup to be for fuel, spark and reading our crank sensor (not from tach wire).

Thanks!
Gilbert

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

TeamXtremeRSApr-26-07 04:27 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3164, "RE: more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by gilee_8
I really want to confirm on this, so all I only need is to have 420a/Neon turn on, and below that, I turn on SparkA and SparkB. no MSnS is needed? is this correct?

Yes, correct. It wasnt necessarily a bug with the older code, it prob just wasnt as "picky" as the newer code. FYI, i've used the code that was almost the "original" from years ago, and I never had any other setting set, but 420a/neon. It always worked. When i've looked at other's msq files, i've noticed they have had both set as well..could never understand why..MSns is if you are only running a distributor setup.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Apr-26-07 09:41 AM
1441 posts,
#3165, "RE: more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 4

Sweet... Thank alot!
Because I love the 029v alot coz it fixed the startup problem that I ALWAYS have with 029q2, now the ASE is great!
Now that I know it is not a bug for that MSnS, I can feel safe keeping it.
Thanks alot!
Gilbert

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

WickedESiMay-03-07 03:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#3170, "RE: more problem with 029v firmware."
In response to Reply # 5

I've been using 029v w/ no problems at all. Try reflashing...

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3156 Previous topic | Next topic