Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2721
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tach noise experienced in V2.2 Board too! VB921 possibly evil" Previous topic | Next topic
rs-pssstNov-01-06 08:02 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2721, "Tach noise experienced in V2.2 Board too! VB921 possibly evil"
Nov-01-06 08:05 AM by rs-pssst

I have had my v2.2 board running for some time (2years). No problems, even put down 300whp.

Recently, I had a wire fray on the block and short out my crane ignition box. So... VB921 time. Installing the VB921's with the Hall Input circuit caused me the same issues you guys are getting with the V3.0 board. Just wondering, was everyone getting just tach spikes or were you also getting bad timing? I was getting bad timing. I disconnected the stock ecu from the crank sensor and tossed it 5v and GND -made no difference.

I wonder if it may be more likely that the VB921's cause some kind of noise on the MS board, no matter what version. It was suggested that the tach input was designed too sensitive, but I wonder if it's just the VB921's.

If I want the VB921'a I guess I have to go with the VR circuit.

Anyone else had the same experiences? I think I remember Grain had the same issues.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2721 Previous topic | Next topic