Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2605
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm going to need a map..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Sep-20-06 05:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2605, "I'm going to need a map..."

I've got the car finally all set, except I am having a hard time getting the thing tuned.

So, if anyone has a map that works well for you, then if you could post it or send it to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

My car is (still) naturally aspirated, stock injectors, stock fuel pump, modded head/valve/cams... so it's not going to see anything over 100 kpa for pressure on the map sensor.

Also, I'm just having a bastard of a time figuring out the software. I know it should NOT be that tough, but I'm just getting stupid in my old age or something. So any tips/help with using it would be good too.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I'm going to need a map..., BlackMagic, Sep-20-06 08:52 PM, #1
RE: I'm going to need a map..., ModeratorVX100, Sep-21-06 04:18 AM, #2
      RE: I'm going to need a map..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-21-06 05:12 AM, #3
           RE: I'm going to need a map..., Chamuko, Sep-21-06 06:27 AM, #4
                RE: I'm going to need a map..., WickedESi, Sep-21-06 09:35 AM, #5
                     I'm a software idiot, ModeratorVX100, Sep-21-06 04:43 PM, #6
                          RE: I'm a software idiot, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-22-06 02:22 PM, #7
                               RE: I'm a software idiot, ModeratorVX100, Sep-26-06 04:18 AM, #8
                                    RE: I'm a software idiot, Chamuko, Sep-26-06 05:28 AM, #9

BlackMagicSep-20-06 08:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2606, "RE: I'm going to need a map..."
In response to Reply # 0

What problems are you having with the software?

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Sep-21-06 04:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2607, "RE: I'm going to need a map..."
In response to Reply # 1

Quite honestly, I don't know how to create a map from scratch, and I tried loading a map for a neon, but for some reason it didn't agree with the megasquirt, I think because it was set up for a different map sensor.

I have tried to look through the megatune software and figure out how to go about using it but I'm just having a hard time understanding it. I know it should not be THAT hard, but for some reason I'm having problems. I really need someone to guide me through it once then I should be fine.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-21-06 05:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2608, "RE: I'm going to need a map..."
In response to Reply # 2

You can make megatune generate a map based on your input that should be close for a NA setup.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ChamukoSep-21-06 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2609, "RE: I'm going to need a map..."
In response to Reply # 3

yup, it has a featue where you select and type in your displacement, injector size, etc... and it will give you an estimated map that you can use to fine tune

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

WickedESiSep-21-06 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2610, "RE: I'm going to need a map..."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Chamuko
yup, it has a featue where you select and type in your displacement, injector size, etc... and it will give you an estimated map that you can use to fine tune

Exactly what I did.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

ModeratorVX100Sep-21-06 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2611, "I'm a software idiot"
In response to Reply # 5

After running megatune I tried out letting the software generate a map and I understood the concept behind having the megasquirt figure out a fuel map for you...

...the problem is using the megatune software and making sure everything is set up properly. It's not very intuitive to me, even after reading the pages on line about setting up megatune. I'm not sure where to really begin. What do I load up in the configurator? How do I know which .ini file to even use? After I am finished with the configurator, then what? When I run megatune, there seem to be 8 million different variables located all over the place that need to be set before I even begin thinking of making a fuel and spark map. How do I know where they all are and what those variables should be?

I'm just not good with this software for some reason.

So if anyone can give me at least some kind of step by step with this stuff, where I should actually begin with this software (I can figure out how to wire the damn thing up with no problem, but actually programming it...) so the setup is correct, and all the variables are what they should be, then I think I mihgt be able to actually tune it before the end of racing season this year.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

AdministratorCODE4Sep-22-06 02:22 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#2617, "RE: I'm a software idiot"
In response to Reply # 6

Are you running Wideband? Tuning off of the stock narrow band is rediculous. I just got my LC-1 installed last night and am in the process of tuning mine. If I get somewhere decent this evening with it I will send you my map.

Are you running 2.2 or 3.0? And I assume you are running the 29T firmware?

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratorVX100Sep-26-06 04:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2620, "RE: I'm a software idiot"
In response to Reply # 7

no wideband yet, I can guesstimate a little rich and be ok. It's the ignition timing I want more than trying to get it precicely at the right A/F ratio.

It's version 3.0 megasquirt

I have not had a chance to look at anything since racing this past Friday - I've been too busy trying to fix my other car!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ChamukoSep-26-06 05:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2621, "RE: I'm a software idiot"
In response to Reply # 8

matt95rs has some pretty good map.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2605 Previous topic | Next topic