Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2415
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question about MS Spark!" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Aug-14-06 07:25 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2415, "Question about MS Spark!"
Aug-14-06 07:28 AM by gilee_8

Sup guys.
I got my car runs pretty good right now with fuel only on MS.
I didn't really boost it yet, prolly only up to 8PSI max right now. (I mean no boost yet, coz I plan for 20PSI, so 8PSI is like nothing lol)

But now I am going to set up the SPARK as well.

I ordered the extra VB921 Ignition Coil Driver for my V3.0 board from DIY.com, but I been reading in 2gnt.com posts and the MS site.
And I see alot of people setting up using the 4g63 Coil driver, or the HEI or external ignition coil driver.

So is it better to run off an external device?

From the MS site, there is a page saying using the interal VB921 Ignition Coil Driver is the best #1 choice! But if it is the best, why many MS users here in 2gnt.com uses the 4G63 coil driver?

Is there something I missed?
I prefer to just setup directly using the VB921 Ignition Coil Driver. But if using the VB921 Ignition Coil Driver is not as best as using the 4G63 driver, then of course I won't use it. I want to pick the BEST way, so down the road I do'nt have to re-do it.

Is VB921 Ignition Coil Driver harder to tune? setup? not as stable? durability reason? not powerful enough?

Any opinions on this will be great!
Thanks alot!

PS: does anyone can send their SPARK table to me as well? so I can use it as a startup?

I am running MS v3.0 board with MS-I, 43PSI idling FP. using 680cc injectors. let me know if you need other information!
Thanks!

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ChamukoAug-14-06 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2418, "RE: Question about MS Spark!"
In response to Reply # 0

I think they used it before the V3 board came out. the new board makes it way easier.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gilee_8Aug-14-06 06:05 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#2422, "RE: Question about MS Spark!"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool. Thanks. I just want to make sure if there is a reason for me NOT to use the internal Coil driver if I am running the V3.0 MS board.

Thanks.

Anyone can provide their Spark table for me to start off?
Thanks!

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2415 Previous topic | Next topic