Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2277
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS questions, need some advice, did I make a horrible mistake? (kinda long)" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMHybredJul-25-06 01:17 PM
Member since Oct 14th 2003
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2277, "MS questions, need some advice, did I make a horrible mistake? (kinda long)"
Jul-25-06 01:19 PM by DSMHybred

Ok so lets start the story off by saying that I am really good at wrenching and at electronics so its not any of that I am questioning about myself. I have just rebuilt my motor for the second time due to fuel issues the first time around. This will be the last time I do this, its far to expensive and I am far to sick of my car being constantly down. I have a Star stage I kit. The fuel setup for this is a joke I never broke 5 lbs running stock ecu and injectors and I still burnt a piston. Yes I know its my own stupid fault for never checking it with a wide band or anything else but I am over that now. So now I have my shiny new motor in and I am getting ready to plumb in my fmic and setup the fuel system. I read alot of information on here about the MS I so I ordered a kit and started working on getting it together. Along the way I came up with the MSnS mod so I ordered the 2 v921 chips that they recommend for running our coils. I absolutely love the thought of going stand alone, but frankly I am feeling majorly over whelmed at this point. I have been trying to figure out just what all I need and there just seems to be a lot of conflicting talk out there. Am I just in over my head here? I am confident that I can build and install anything under the sun but the whole tuning aspect is really scary. I dont even have my fuel system parts on order yet because I cant honestly figure out what all I need. I can not blow another engine because of my dumb a** mistakes.

I guess you guys would like to hear exactly what I have to work with so heres the list.
440cc stock turbo injectors
Aeromotive 13109 on the way
MS I V2.2 with the V921 ignition chip mods with a pre made wire harness
Star stage I kit being bumped up with a fmic and stock bov

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJul-25-06 04:47 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2281, "RE: MS questions, need some advice, did I make a horrible mistake? (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, it can get a bit overwhelming at first, but when i got into the MS, I just kept reading, and reading on the MS forums, and all the other links on the main MS website on how it all worked. It took a while for it to all sink in, but I found it somewhat understandable since I know quite a bit about electronics and automotive electrical and fuel injection as it was..

My best advice would be to run fuel only with the MS until you are comfortable with that aspect first, then dive into ignition control. Running spark with the MS opens up a whole new area of tuning and complication, esp if you are not ready or fully understand every aspect of it. Not much complication to run fuel only with the MS, so i would really start there.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMHybredJul-25-06 05:03 PM
Member since Oct 14th 2003
40 posts,
#2282, "RE: MS questions, need some advice, did I make a horrible mistake? (kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah that sounds good thanks Matt. Im just feeling a bit flipped out right now because its been over a year since I even heard my car run. After looking at everything I was starting to feel like I was never gunna get things back together.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2277 Previous topic | Next topic