Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2273
View in linear mode

Subject: "The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring." Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jul-25-06 11:02 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2273, "The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."

Sup guys.

I got most of my MS wiring connected to my car. It's now down to details of things to done, then I will truely join the Megasquirt team!

But now the more I read, the more I get confused.
Look at this two links:

In http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=54&topic_id=363&mesg_id=363&page= I clicked on the first Link (http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html), and brought me to this wiring diagram:

And in another post: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=54&topic_id=2170&mesg_id=2170&listing_type=search
This wiring diagram is shown:

They are both said to be for 420A engine (our eclipse setup) but they are very different in 2 ways: Fuelpump control, and Pin26 usage.

I am following the 2nd diagram above, and since last weekend I finished wiring all the MS wires, I start to think how come the MS doesn't need to control the Fuelpump. so I start reading more, and I start to dig out many information.
In my wire harness, I left out Pin26,30,37,etc. so I do actually need Pin 37 to control fuel pump?

If I do, I am going to be pissed. all my wiring is set and fixed to my car, and it will be a PAIN to add it back.

Please advice!

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

djtrickeeJul-25-06 11:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2274, "RE: The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."
In response to Reply # 0

Its the same pin in both diagrams... count it out.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJul-25-06 12:16 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2275, "RE: The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."
In response to Reply # 1

As long as you leave the stock ECU in the car and active, it will control the stock fuel pump relay as normal. If you were to get rid of the stock ECU altogether,then yes, you would need the fuel pump relay output from the MS.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Jul-25-06 12:39 PM
1441 posts,
#2276, "RE: The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."
In response to Reply # 2

OK. Thanks,

If one day I want to remove the Stock ECU, can I use use an alternate pin of the adaptor to control the fuel pump? or must use that specific pin?

Thanks.

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

TeamXtremeRSJul-25-06 04:42 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2280, "RE: The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by gilee_8
OK. Thanks, If one day I want to remove the Stock ECU, can I use use an alternate pin of the adaptor to control the fuel pump? or must use that specific pin? Thanks.

Well if you have one of the spare outputs wired to your DB37 harness, then you could jumper pin 37 to whatever you wired for your spare outputs, but you would do this on the MS board itself. It would be better/easier to just add a wire to your harness on pin 37.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Jul-25-06 05:10 PM
1441 posts,
#2283, "RE: The More I read about MS, the more I am confused about MS wiring."
In response to Reply # 4

OK.. thanks. I put 4-5 spares on the harness, but next to the ground.. (damn it)

so I will jumper it when the time comes... Thanks alot!

So anyone has ideas of the other problem I had about connecting the MS to the computer (megatune) ??

Thanks all.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2273 Previous topic | Next topic