Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2187
View in linear mode

Subject: "What does the stock ECU need to control idle?" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiJul-06-06 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2187, "What does the stock ECU need to control idle?"

Coolant Temp, Air Temp, MAP.. Does it need the CAS signal still hooked to it (I'm scared it's what's causing the noise everyone's talking about)?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJul-06-06 05:08 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2188, "RE: What does the stock ECU need to control idle?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well with my experience with the MS, when you run fuel and igniton control, the stock ECU starts freaking out a bit when it doesnt see the coilpack connected, and the idle can hunt around. I tried unplugging the IAC, which worked, until you hit boost, which pushes in the IAC pintle and gives a higher idle. I just resorted to plugging the IAC passages, and run no IAC. Its really not that bad, just have to press on the gas to cold start it, and let it run in higher rpm for a minute or two to build up some heat so it wont stall..Not a big deal for me because my car isnt a daily driver anymore.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJul-06-06 05:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2190, "RE: What does the stock ECU need to control idle?"
In response to Reply # 1

I see, so you don't use the stock ECU at all then do you?

I have a 60 mm Jeep TB that I made an adjustable throttle stop for (..adjustable idle if the IAC wasn't there), that I could do what you're doing, my car is a daily driver though, hmmm.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2187 Previous topic | Next topic