Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2038
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mega squirt" Previous topic | Next topic
talonizedMay-08-06 03:49 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2004
50 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2038, "Mega squirt"

is it worth the money? is it easier to build self or have it built?
need something to tune with and a SFMU seems good but not what I want want something i can upgrade with

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Mega squirt, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-08-06 03:51 PM, #1
RE: Mega squirt, CarbonFiberRST, May-08-06 03:55 PM, #2
RE: Mega squirt, talonized, May-08-06 05:05 PM, #3
      RE: Mega squirt, CarbonFiberRST, May-08-06 05:13 PM, #4
           RE: Mega squirt, talonized, May-08-06 05:19 PM, #5
                RE: Mega squirt, CarbonFiberRST, May-08-06 06:05 PM, #6
                     RE: Mega squirt, djtrickee, May-08-06 06:10 PM, #7
                          RE: Mega squirt, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-08-06 07:48 PM, #8
                               RE: Mega squirt, CarbonFiberRST, May-08-06 09:33 PM, #9
                                    RE: Mega squirt, talonized, May-09-06 04:29 AM, #10
                                         RE: Mega squirt, talonized, May-09-06 09:14 AM, #11
                                              RE: Mega squirt, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-09-06 01:40 PM, #12
                                              RE: Mega squirt, djtrickee, May-09-06 02:53 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Mega squirt, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-09-06 03:41 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Mega squirt, djtrickee, May-09-06 04:52 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Mega squirt, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-09-06 07:35 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Mega squirt, djtrickee, May-10-06 05:56 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Mega squirt, Teamner947, May-10-06 09:14 AM, #18

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-08-06 03:51 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2039, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes its worth it. Unless you have experience soldering Circuit boards, i advise you to have it built. When all said and done all your really paying in labor is about 150.00 average.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTMay-08-06 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2040, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 0
May-08-06 03:57 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by talonized
is it worth the money? is it easier to build self or have it built? need something to tune with and a SFMU seems good but not what I want want something i can upgrade with

Get grammar.

is it worth the money?

Thats for you to decide...

is it easier to build self or have it built?

Are you serious? Its obviously easier to have somebody else do something... like you not searching and having others answer the same shit over and over.

SFMU seems good but not what I want

then don't get it.

want something i can upgrade with

Be more vague.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

talonizedMay-08-06 05:05 PM
50 posts,
#2041, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 2

ok so ive been looking and trying to compare and i cant figure out which to go with megasquirt or emanage?? any ideas and another stupid question i have the cartech fmu can i use that in conjuction with either or???or will i need to change that???

CarbonFiberRSTMay-08-06 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2042, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 3

lock it

talonizedMay-08-06 05:19 PM
50 posts,
#2043, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 4

what lock it??

CarbonFiberRSTMay-08-06 06:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2044, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 5
May-08-06 06:09 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Spread some cream cheese in my gold lock it, cuz it’s my show i’m Andy Milinokis. It’s my show I’m Shmandy Smilishlockis, It’s my show I’m Andy Milinokis!

djtrickeeMay-08-06 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2045, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 6
May-08-06 06:12 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
Spread some cream cheese in my gold lock it, cuz it’s my show i’m Andy Milinokis. It’s my show I’m Shmandy Smilishlockis, It’s my show I’m Andy Milinokis!

X2 baby!!!!

EDIT: seemed like an fittingly assinine answer to an OP's assinine question. lollers.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-08-06 07:48 PM
8331 posts,
#2046, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 7

Come on guys, atleast try to answer his questions.

If you are comparing MS and Emanage then i would say you have a lot of reading to do. They are different from one another.

MS is way more versatile, emanage is simpler and has less features.

Terry

CarbonFiberRSTMay-08-06 09:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2047, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 8
May-08-06 09:33 PM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Come on guys, atleast try to answer his questions. If you are comparing MS and Emanage then i would say you have a lot of reading to do. They are different from one another. MS is way more versatile, emanage is simpler and has less features. Terry

I'm sorry, in my defense I was drunk... (last day of finals!)

talonizedMay-09-06 04:29 AM
50 posts,
#2048, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 9

thats all i needed to know then its settled ill go with the MS i got 440's that i want to install but have no way to tune it nut on the down side i didnt pass emissions so want to tune down to pass then install new injectors!! and up boost but thanx anyways guys you were some help have been reading up on both and i personally wanted the MS but then would hear Emanage was easier only prob im having is where to buy from??Any Ideas i can get the 1:1 FPR for $39 so all i need now is the wideband but a friend has one so i can tune with so i think i pretty much have everything i need i think if im wrong correct me so i will be purchasing soon or as soon as i find one at a good price!

talonizedMay-09-06 09:14 AM
50 posts,
#2049, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 10

ok so can anybody point me in the right direction to buy one or have one built for me?? please want it fast before next Import Wars at da grove!!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-09-06 01:40 PM
8331 posts,
#2050, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 11

PM sent

djtrickeeMay-09-06 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2051, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 11
May-09-06 02:56 PM by djtrickee

ok so can anybody point me in the right direction to buy one or have one built for me?? please want it fast before next Import Wars at da grove!!

Rodney at RS autosport is a great guy and builds em up. also sells all the sensors and wiring harness you will need to complete the install. This isnt a drag and drop operation here you know. Megasquirt isnt a please want it fast before next Import Wars at da grove!! kind of install...

EDIT: oops forgot the link...

http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-09-06 03:41 PM
8331 posts,
#2052, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 13

Rodney's sense of urgency is worse than MR SLICK. i used to order my 3 bar sensors from him which always took months to get. But thats another thread.

djtrickeeMay-09-06 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2053, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Rodney's sense of urgency is worse than MR SLICK. i used to order my 3 bar sensors from him which always took months to get. But thats another thread.

Not at all. Can't believe you would even make that comparison. Whereas Lee AKA Mrslick stole thousands of dollars from good honest folk on this website, Rodney has never done any such thing. I have never had any ANY complaints about Rodney, nor have any of my friends who have ordered from him over the past 14 months or so since I have been involved with the MS. I have received parts from within the same week of ordering. Usually emails are answered the same day, and if not then the next.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-09-06 07:35 PM
8331 posts,
#2054, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 15
May-09-06 07:53 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Okay i did exagerate but your telling me its reasonable to wait 3 months for a 3bar sensor and a 4 bar sensor? this happens whenever i order the larger sensors from him. Only once did i receive my sensor in a timely manner.

Edit: the first pair of sensors i ordered, after 2 months I filed a paypal complaint because none of my emails were returned. Only then did the sensors arrive 2 weeks later and i never received an email. That was before Steve handled the sensor orders i bet but still. That was right after all the Lee fiasco started.

Since then i have noticed Steve is good with returning Emails but ordering Map sensors from them is still cumbersome and it makes it very hard to meet deadlines for the MS kits a make. I have since then gone to a supplier for the sensors.

Rodney is good for communication and emails and also good for delays.

DIYautotune.com is extremely fast and thorough. I use him for odds and ends that I need. His prices are higher but i only use him for small stuff or a kit if I am low on parts.

I have not found a good supplier for harnesses so i order bulk wire and make my own. Same wire used by rodney and DIYauto only mine dont have the printed labels. Also makes it possible to make the harnesses much cheaper.

Terry

djtrickeeMay-10-06 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2057, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 16

I have never had to order more than 1 new 3bar sensor and I might have just gotten lucky that I received it in a timely manner. Just like Howell and HRC it sounds like they have distro problems as well.

I have never ordered anything from DIYautotune so I have no experience there.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Teamner947May-10-06 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#2058, "RE: Mega squirt"
In response to Reply # 17

I think talonized's question has been answered... the place for debates about RS and Slick belong elsewhere.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2038 Previous topic | Next topic