Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1921
View in linear mode

Subject: "Megasquirt on 8psi" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRMar-28-06 07:23 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1921, "Megasquirt on 8psi"

I am going stage 2 soon and am curious, is it worth it to do megasquirt or porfueler on 8psi? I am getting ready of my craptech soon and adding bigger injectors. Should I just get an sfmu or get megasquirt.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, QC DSM ESiT, Mar-28-06 07:27 AM, #1
RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-28-06 07:50 AM, #2
RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, ForceFed420a, Mar-28-06 08:16 AM, #3
      RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-28-06 10:17 AM, #4
           RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, selmerguy2003, Mar-28-06 01:10 PM, #5
RE: Megasquirt on 8psi, Teamner947, Apr-03-06 07:18 PM, #6

QC DSM ESiTMar-28-06 07:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1922, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the SFMU with 30lb. injectors at 8 PSI and its working great for me. Although I think the Megasquirt and the SFMU are about the same price so if you plan on building up the engine in the future you might want to just save yourself some money and get the megasquirt since as far as I know the SFMU isn't really too effective with larger injectors and higher boost.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRMar-28-06 07:50 AM
2386 posts,
#1923, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 1

Can the megasquirt control primary injectors or only secondary? I should actually read up on this, because someone here on the forums brought this to my attention and if it can be run on a low boost setup, I may actually look into this now.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

ForceFed420aMar-28-06 08:16 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
#1924, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 2

I have it running my primary injectors. It's on an 8 psi setup and it works fantastic. It's it plug and play? No. But it's quite powerful for the price. Also it allows for much finer tuning.

Read a bit on it. There's a lot of guys (including me) who'd be happy to help. It is a bit more complicated than some other setups, so you should do what you feel comfortable with.

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

EclipseTenzoRMar-28-06 10:17 AM
2386 posts,
#1925, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 3

How hard was it to tune? I'm just afraid to get into this and brake my daily driver. I want to be able to tune it and just leave it and not have to worry about having to touch it hardly ever once I get it where it works good.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

selmerguy2003Mar-28-06 01:10 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#1926, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 4

I just got mine installed this past weekend. I run 420 injectors and am just now getting it under control. It is alot of work to tune and get setup. I got a good setup goint right now. I have 2 maps that I am messing with. One is alittle lean under boost and the other is rich. There are many people on here that can set you up with a good starting map. You will still have to tune more. It takes alot of playing to get to run like the factory ecu but IMO it is so worth it. I love it and cant wait to turn up the boost.

To answer your question I would go with the msns and afpr over just the sfmu. Would you buy a set of 16in rims knowing you are going to want 18s later? I wouldn't and thats why I still have stock 14s.(somebody hook me up with 17 black and crome lip please)

Teamner947Apr-03-06 07:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1952, "RE: Megasquirt on 8psi"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by QC DSM ESiT
as far as I know the SFMU isn't really too effective with larger injectors and higher boost.

There's really no point, if you already a SFMU along with a MS. The SFMU can be sold used for about the cost of a new 1:1 regulator. It's one of those "break even" upgrades!

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1921 Previous topic | Next topic