Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1814
View in linear mode

Subject: "Air temp sensor for msns." Previous topic | Next topic
selmerguy2003Mar-03-06 01:10 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1814, "Air temp sensor for msns."

Hey people I am about to install my msns. I have a extra intake around here and am going to tap it soon. I have seen the egr method but I would like to see some pics of other peoples tap jobs. Just to get a idea of where I want to put the darn sensor. Thanks guys.
sam

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Air temp sensor for msns., TeamXtremeRS, Mar-03-06 02:04 PM, #1
RE: Air temp sensor for msns., selmerguy2003, Mar-03-06 02:12 PM, #2
RE: Air temp sensor for msns., selmerguy2003, Mar-03-06 04:33 PM, #3
      RE: Air temp sensor for msns., TeamXtremeRS, Mar-04-06 10:57 AM, #4
           RE: Air temp sensor for msns., BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Mar-04-06 02:51 PM, #5
                RE: Air temp sensor for msns., selmerguy2003, Mar-04-06 06:14 PM, #6

TeamXtremeRSMar-03-06 02:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1816, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-03-06 02:05 PM by XtremeRS

I had mine in the EGR hole, but the throttle plate is right infront of that hole, and at closed throttle, the readings were a bit iffy. I now have it in the intake charge pipe, about 18-20 inches before the throttle body. Its working excellent there. I just found a metal spacer that i could use for a weld in bung. I then drilled the proper size hole and tapped it for the NPT thread of the sensor. Then i just welded the new bung into the intake piping.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

selmerguy2003Mar-03-06 02:12 PM
288 posts,
#1817, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by XtremeRS
I had mine in the EGR hole, but the throttle plate is right infront of that hole, and at closed throttle, the readings were a bit iffy. I now have it in the intake charge pipe, about 18-20 inches before the throttle body. Its working excellent there. I just found a metal spacer that i could use for a weld in bung. I then drilled the proper size hole and tapped it for the NPT thread of the sensor. Then i just welded the new bung into the intake piping.

I never thought of that good call man!

selmerguy2003Mar-03-06 04:33 PM
288 posts,
#1818, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 1

With your setup what would happen if you installed a wet nitrous kit? Would it mess things up?

TeamXtremeRSMar-04-06 10:57 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1823, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by selmerguy2003
With your setup what would happen if you installed a wet nitrous kit? Would it mess things up?

Well its easy enough and plenty of room to put the nitrous/fuel nozzles in front/after the air temp sensor. Although, it may be bennificial to have the air temp sensor seeing the nitrous since it does cool the air charge down which means you need more fuel to go with the colder charge. Then the MS can adjust the fuel automatically somewhat with the colder charge using the nitrous. I've never used nitrous with the MS so i cant really say whats the best solution..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

BOOSTED ECLIPSEMar-04-06 02:51 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#1828, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 4

I put mine where the vacuum port fitting is. It has the same threads as the air temp sensor. Then I made a vaccum fitting to plug the EGR port in the intake.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

selmerguy2003Mar-04-06 06:14 PM
288 posts,
#1829, "RE: Air temp sensor for msns."
In response to Reply # 5

So I am starting to have this crazy idea. What does the factory airtemp sensor do when you run msns? Why not remove it put the msns sensor in it's place then tee the vacuum port with the port and factory air temp sensor. Does that make since?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1814 Previous topic | Next topic