Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1727
View in linear mode

Subject: "Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs" Previous topic | Next topic
evotunedsccJan-08-06 01:10 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
83 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1727, "Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs"

I didn't install my SAFC but here recently I've decided I'm tired of having other people do my work for me so I'm trying to take care of my problems myself. I need a little help tho, I've pulled the electrical tape from the wires but I'm stuck on what to do, can someone guide me through it? I have some pics, not sure if they'll be of any help.
<br> <br>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-08-06 05:11 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1728, "RE: Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs"
In response to Reply # 0

Well as you can see most of the SAFC wires are just tapped into the factory wires. those can be unsoldered or cut in the clear and the factory wires can be taped up. 2 wires from the SAFC when spliced actually cut the Map signal wire. These two wires need to be cut away from the SAFC and spliced back together.

That should complete the removal of the Harness splicing.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Jan-11-06 12:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1733, "RE: Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Well as you can see most of the SAFC wires are just tapped into the factory wires. those can be unsoldered or cut in the clear and the factory wires can be taped up. 2 wires from the SAFC when spliced actually cut the Map signal wire. These two wires need to be cut away from the SAFC and spliced back together. That should complete the removal of the Harness splicing. Terry

If the SAFC was installed correctly you don't have to cut or solder anything to disable it, there are connectors included with the system that allow the user to un-bypass the MAP sensor output.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1727 Previous topic | Next topic