Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1692
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mega Squirt Problems 3.0" Previous topic | Next topic
extreme97ntJan-02-06 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1692, "Mega Squirt Problems 3.0"

I am not having any luck with getting my megasquirt to function properly over 3400 Rpms. I have the V3 board and I have tried runnign the opto circuit 2 different ways but I get Tach spikes over 3400 rpms and it makes the motor brake up. I tried the VR circuit but cannot get the motor to run. It will start and die. I tried adjusting the resistors alot but no help. I am running my crank sensor off the 5v supplied by the MS. like I said it runs like a clock under 3400 rpms. I am getting frustrated with this. Has anyone had success with this? I am complete standalone. No ecu at all.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-02-06 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1693, "RE: Mega Squirt Problems 3.0"
In response to Reply # 0

It's a 9v sensor. Try feeding it 12v, i've heard it will wotk off such feeds, otherwise, try building a 12v->9v supply for it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

extreme97ntJan-03-06 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#1694, "RE: Mega Squirt Problems 3.0"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah that was next on my list... It does work wiht 12 volts. I also heard it works wiht 5volts . Thanks Dino. I have a regulator for the 9 volts too so I will probably just build that to prevent any problems.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-04-06 05:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1698, "RE: Mega Squirt Problems 3.0"
In response to Reply # 2

Works, sure... But i imagine the current draw increases with RPM, and that may be why its breaking up at ~3500RPM, it can't get enough current out of the MS's 5v supply.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

extreme97ntJan-04-06 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#1704, "RE: Mega Squirt Problems 3.0"
In response to Reply # 3

ok Well I hooked up a national semi conductor LM7808CT into the mix and it is better but now it will break up around 4800 rpms free reving. I also get the tach spike like before. Dino what input are you runnign on your board? NER was having a similar problem with the opto but no the VR. I simply cannot get my car to start on the VR circuit.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1692 Previous topic | Next topic