Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1585
View in linear mode

Subject: "EMS question (engine management system)" Previous topic | Next topic
s2seclipseDec-15-03 01:37 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2003
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1585, "EMS question (engine management system)"

What Ems systems are available for the 420a engine? which one would be most helpful? are EMS difficult to install? please help me out, im planning on going turbo in a few months and i want to replace my stock ecu for better engine control. any info would be helpful!!!!!!

EcLiPse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rhuiDec-16-03 07:57 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
262 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1586, "RE: EMS question (engine management system)"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a few from the top of my head...

Electromotive WinTec3
AEM EMS
APEXi Power PC
Haltech
etc... list goes on

As for one that is like plug in play... i think AEM is easiest to install, cause it uses existing ECU signals and doesn't fully replace it, but allows the tunability of an EMS.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainDec-17-03 01:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#1587, "RE: EMS question (engine management system)"
In response to Reply # 1

are you shitting me?

nothing about a standalone is easy, well...

except blowing the engine,,.. thats easy.

you need to know alot of about out engine/electronics to get a standalone to work right. plus its not a plug and play kinda thing. the best bet really is the tec3 cause we have a base map now i think.

Teamner947Dec-17-03 02:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1588, "RE: EMS question (engine management system)"
In response to Reply # 2

HRC has developed a number of base maps for the Accel DFI (generation 6 and 7) designed for HRC equiped 420a's. the maps were designed for the Neon which means they should work on any DOHC 420a, but HRC's kit is currently only avaiable for the Neon. i am also very interested in upgrading to a DFI - i currently have 415 cc/min injectors and a S-FMU which is about as much as you can do without a DFI, e-Manange, megasquirt, or adding 4 more injectors. i think the e-Manange is overpriced for what you get, the megasquirt is too DIY for my comfort, and i don't want to poke and prod my intake manifold with 4 more injector spots. besides, if you're going to get some sort of standalone engine manangement, why not completely replace the ECU with a DFI gen. 7?

i have called HRC about this asking if their DFI development for the 2GNT would be ready for christmas, and they said that it wouldn't be done for "a few months".

anyways, if you want a DFI today to do just fuel and leave ignition control to the OEM PCM, go with the DFI gen. 6. Dino has this setup.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1585 Previous topic | Next topic