Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1402
View in linear mode

Subject: "E034 question" Previous topic | Next topic
ryansiefringSep-26-05 03:16 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2004
237 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1402, "E034 question"

how does this program know when to spray fuel into the two cylinders that are in the intake stroke? I'm going the 8 injector setup rout and i'm wondering how that's going to work.

thanks

Ryan Siefring
Located near Dayton OH, zip 45356
Student at the University of Dayton.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: E034 question, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-26-05 03:34 PM, #1
RE: E034 question, ryansiefring, Sep-27-05 03:43 AM, #2
      RE: E034 question, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-27-05 07:10 AM, #3
           RE: E034 question, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-27-05 08:14 AM, #4
                RE: E034 question, ryansiefring, Sep-27-05 03:02 PM, #5
                RE: E034 question, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-27-05 08:10 PM, #6
                     RE: E034 question, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-28-05 05:46 AM, #7

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-26-05 03:34 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1403, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 0

Our cars work on a wasted spark system as does the E034. Its not a sequential injection. The E034 uses the tach signal to time its fuel injection. The E034 wil inject fuel at intake and exhaust stroke just like our ECU does.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ryansiefringSep-27-05 03:43 AM
237 posts,
#1404, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 1

wow, thanks, i never knew that. That process seams really inefficant. Is this standard for most cars?

Ryan Siefring

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-27-05 07:10 AM
8331 posts,
#1405, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes it is, GM ran batch fire till about 93 i think it was when they finally switched over to sequential injection on the LT1.

Terry

ModeratorCorbinSep-27-05 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1406, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 3

Our stock ECU sequentially fires the fuel injectors. The cam and crank sensor output can be interpreted to determine the intake stroke of each cylinder. This is written in the Mitsu tech info manual. The 034 is not this sophisticated. It spits out fuel from all injectors at the same time and at a regular rate depending on RPM. This is fine for high load conditions (what it was designed for). This would not be great for idle and low load conditions (emissions mainly).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

ryansiefringSep-27-05 03:02 PM
237 posts,
#1408, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 4

this makes since corbin, thank you. I was thinking that spraying in fuel during such a high rpm ( normaly don't start boosting to about 3000 rpm) wouldn't be as bad as lets say Idle.

thanks

Ryan Siefring

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-27-05 08:10 PM
8331 posts,
#1409, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-27-05 08:34 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Originally posted by Corbin
Our stock ECU sequentially fires the fuel injectors. The cam and crank sensor output can be interpreted to determine the intake stroke of each cylinder. This is written in the Mitsu tech info manual. The 034 is not this sophisticated. It spits out fuel from all injectors at the same time and at a regular rate depending on RPM. This is fine for high load conditions (what it was designed for). This would not be great for idle and low load conditions (emissions mainly).

Actually corbin your right my mistake I was thinking wasted spark on our coil pack, not the injectors.....i should know better.

Gm did use the batch fire in their older models however and it worked fine. the Megasquirt works on the same principal, idle is fine as well so i dont see a problem with the e034 and its not so enjoy.

Now to clearify, Corbin you said the e034 fires ALL injectors at the same time, then why does it have two separate drivers that we need to alternate to the injectors? As understood it, it works on the same principal as our coil pack.

Terry

ModeratorCorbinSep-28-05 05:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1420, "RE: E034 question"
In response to Reply # 6
Sep-28-05 05:57 AM by Corbin

The 034 does have two injector drivers. We hook two injectors to each driver, although you could run all four on one driver. You used to have the option of firing both drivers at the same time or flip-flopping between each driver. I think that option might have been eliminated on the later software and standardized on one setting. Either way, it doesn't really make it any more accurate. It doesn't know anything about crank angle, cam angle, or intake strokes. It just fires at a regular pace to get the correct average fuel flow. It does well enough, but it could be better.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1402 Previous topic | Next topic