Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #134
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuel pump requirements with megasquirt?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Nov-13-04 07:19 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134, "fuel pump requirements with megasquirt?"
Nov-13-04 07:20 AM by MCubed45

if you're using the megasquirt what kinda fuel pump upgrades would you require? i'm assuming that because you're not running high fuel pressures the demands are not as extreme as with a rising rate FPR. i know you obviously still need the same volume of fuel regardless of your fuel delivery system but is the need for an upgraded intank pump and/or an inline pump more for running higher fuel pressures or just for increased flow?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

grainNov-13-04 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135, "RE: fuel pump requirements with megasquirt?"
In response to Reply # 0

just run the walbro255 intake fuel pump. i run that and no-inline.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MrSlickNov-14-04 10:21 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#136, "RE: fuel pump requirements with megasquirt?"
In response to Reply # 1

Same here...
Walbro 255 HP with my MS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Cereal5Nov-14-04 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1016 posts,
#137, "RE: fuel pump requirements with megasquirt?"
In response to Reply # 2

The walbro 255 can handle the increased volume, but starts to fall short when you use high fuel pressure.

So with adequate injectors, the intank will be fine.

amiller99rs: seriously, chicks suck sometimes
amiller99rs: like if a girl walked by and said "Hey, nice cock" and just kept going you'd smile all day about that

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #134 Previous topic | Next topic