Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1282
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS an turbo timing?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Sep-08-05 02:57 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1282, "MS an turbo timing?"

is it possible to turbo time with the MS? i would think a TT circuit wouldnt't be that hard to create, especially with the available prototype area available on the v.30 boards. does the MS already have a constant power tap and a trigger from the ignition wire or is it solely powered by an ignition wire (no constant power)?

hehe just somethin i was thinking about the other day... one less external device is always a good thing

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Teamner947Sep-08-05 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1286, "RE: MS an turbo timing?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sure you could make a timer circuit with the MS, but

1. You would need to code something, I'm not exactly sure how a turbo timer works but I can bet that there's some kind of sensor that sees when you take the key out (the voltage in the ON/ACC line goes down suddenly) there is nothing in the -extra code right now that does anything like that

2. You would have to include some decent sized fast acting relays which will be needed to maintain power to the ignition wires (the ones that hook to the key cylinder thing area)

Or you could always do without a timer. I don't even use mine anymore, it annoys me. I just chill out for the last mile or so and keep the RPM's low and stay out of boost pressure.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Sep-08-05 07:49 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#1289, "RE: MS an turbo timing?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ner947
I'm sure you could make a timer circuit with the MS, but 1. You would need to code something, I'm not exactly sure how a turbo timer works but I can bet that there's some kind of sensor that sees when you take the key out (the voltage in the ON/ACC line goes down suddenly) there is nothing in the -extra code right now that does anything like that 2. You would have to include some decent sized fast acting relays which will be needed to maintain power to the ignition wires (the ones that hook to the key cylinder thing area) Or you could always do without a timer. I don't even use mine anymore, it annoys me. I just chill out for the last mile or so and keep the RPM's low and stay out of boost pressure.

to eliminate the need for the fast acting relays i was thinking it'd be easier to just have power applied to the ignition wire from the time the car is turned on via the MS(rather than switching when the key is turned off). i think that's how most turbo timers work anyways. my alarm has a similar feature for mainting power to all accesories (radio etc) after the key is removed up until a door is opened and the closed. there's no switchover from where the power is being supplied when the key is turned off because power is being applied to the accesories via the alarm from the time the car is turned on.

but yea i'm not sure how difficult it would be to code a program like that. i would think you could use one've the LED outputs to control power to the MS and ignition wire with a relay. depending how fancy you want the timer you could probably either just have a set time or make it more dependant on maximum boost levels hit etc.

hmmm i gotta think about this more. i'll go post and search on the MS forums

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1282 Previous topic | Next topic