Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1241
View in linear mode

Subject: "Acceptable Air Intake Temps??" Previous topic | Next topic
RxR_EclipseAug-30-05 11:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1241, "Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"

Ok guys did some tuning the other night at the track and got the a/f down to about 11.8 so I'm happy there, but I did notice that my intake temps were up around 112 deg. Is that ok? I just put on a new intercooler and would have thought they to be a bit lower.
FYI
15 psi
dsm 450's
s16G etc etc
IC is 18*3.5*6 bar and plate.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BOOSTED ECLIPSEAug-30-05 12:09 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1244, "RE: Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-30-05 12:11 PM by BOOSTED ECLIPSE

I think your air temp is okay, but I think that I would run it a little more richer like around 11.1 to 11.2 at 15 psi.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RxR_EclipseAug-30-05 12:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1246, "RE: Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"
In response to Reply # 1

really, I started at about 10.5(which blew tons of black smoke) and moved my way up to where im at now. This feels really powerfull and egts only get just a hair above 1550. Although they climb quickly.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

BOOSTED ECLIPSEAug-30-05 01:39 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#1247, "RE: Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"
In response to Reply # 2

Does your EGTs stop at 1550 or will it keep climbing if you keep into it? But, I would say as long as your EGTs are good and you have no detonation then I would say your A/F ratio is fine. I guess my engine just likes to run a little richer. Mine seems to like 11.1 at 16psi.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Teamdougie2Aug-30-05 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1248, "RE: Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-30-05 01:44 PM by dougie2

Mid 10s is too rich. You can safely do low 11s on a dyno and high 11s on the street.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

RxR_EclipseAug-30-05 01:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1249, "RE: Acceptable Air Intake Temps??"
In response to Reply # 4

the gauge goes up to 1575 max and levels off, I have seen it run up to 16, but that was at part throttle and the old sfmu setup. I should be at the dyno in the next 3 weeks or so, so any advise on final tune is awsome.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1241 Previous topic | Next topic