Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #107
View in linear mode

Subject: "Megasquirt - Spark Success!" Previous topic | Next topic
MrSlickNov-22-04 01:52 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107, "Megasquirt - Spark Success!"

For more details see this post:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=4695

I posted the news there a few days ago, but basically I now have the Megasquirt running full spark and fuel control on my car. using the factory Crank Position Sensor.
This is very good news for the 420A community.

I'll post more later. Ask away with any questions.

Lee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, widebodyeclipse, Nov-22-04 02:39 PM, #1
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-22-04 03:07 PM, #2
      RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, 405turbo420a, Nov-22-04 05:52 PM, #3
           RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, DarKReaLity, Nov-22-04 06:29 PM, #4
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, TXTurboGS, Nov-22-04 06:45 PM, #5
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, Moderatormicyek, Nov-23-04 04:28 AM, #7
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, widebodyeclipse, Nov-23-04 04:21 AM, #6
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-23-04 04:49 AM, #8
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-23-04 05:32 AM, #9
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, widebodyeclipse, Nov-23-04 06:37 AM, #10
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, Initial DSM, Nov-23-04 07:18 AM, #11
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, DSMRoadster, Nov-23-04 05:16 PM, #13
      RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-24-04 05:37 AM, #15
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, Teamner947, Nov-28-04 04:29 PM, #24
      RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, 97whitESi, Nov-28-04 04:30 PM, #25
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, SilverBullet20g, Nov-23-04 08:15 AM, #12
RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, xtrickedeclipsex, Nov-23-04 09:19 PM, #14
      RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-24-04 05:39 AM, #16
           RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, xtrickedeclipsex, Nov-24-04 06:46 AM, #17
                RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, TXTurboGS, Nov-24-04 07:05 AM, #18
                RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-24-04 10:31 AM, #20
                     RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, fly1, Nov-24-04 04:20 PM, #21
                RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, MrSlick, Nov-24-04 10:31 AM, #19
                     RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, DarKReaLity, Nov-25-04 06:47 AM, #22
                          RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, Collente, Nov-28-04 04:06 PM, #23
                               RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!, DarKReaLity, Nov-28-04 05:06 PM, #26

widebodyeclipseNov-22-04 02:39 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0

slick great work. i have been trying to read up on what the ms can do and i must say it is tuff. let me know when u start selling the complete ms, of course when u get done fiddling with all its settings and capabilities. good job once again. keep us posted
ben

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MrSlickNov-22-04 03:07 PM
1120 posts,
#109, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 1

Howdy,

Well I've been selling built MS units for a while now...
But I do keep on working on my setup as new features and settings are released

I'm very happy with the way the car is urnning right now...
I'm running 20psi daily... and it rocks.

Peace.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

405turbo420aNov-22-04 05:52 PM
Member since Nov 17th 2004
16 posts,
#110, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 2

how much are u selling the built ms?

DarKReaLityNov-22-04 06:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#111, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 3

wow that's the icing on the cake! damn man good job on figuring that out. so for right now, what is your desired total timing control? i'm thinking 20 degress of total timing while boosting would work. but i'm curious how this is done. never the less this defintiely beats anything out there for us now.

TXTurboGSNov-22-04 06:45 PM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
333 posts,
#112, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0

So that basically means that the MS has become the cheapest stand-alone EMS? Nice, I'm glad I got on the boat, now Mr. Slick, you have PM.

ModeratormicyekNov-23-04 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#113, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 5

jesus h. christ in a chicken basket. That's frick'n cool. eventually I will go to that. Probably not for another year or two though...good work IMO.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

widebodyeclipseNov-23-04 04:21 AM
535 posts,
#114, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0

slick again congratz. with the timing from the ms, is there still a need for the crane ignition? also i too would like to know how much. hopefully christmas will come early this year... if you cant suprise yourself then whats the use....

TeamJasonESi_TNov-23-04 04:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#115, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-23-04 04:49 AM by JasonESi_T

Just so everyone knows, this is about as big as it gets for the 420a in my opinion. I mean, I thought it was huge when you could slap a turbosystem on the 420a, but now, to slap a standalone (fuel AND IGNITION) that controls everything and uses most of the stock sensors....wow.

And to top that, it only costs about $300. DSMlink...psssht. This is awesome! With full control of fuel and ignition (retard), there's really nothing stopping anyone from boosting 25...30 + psi. BIG horsepower here!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

MrSlickNov-23-04 05:32 AM
1120 posts,
#116, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 8

Yes this is very good news for the 420A community... all of it.

It's comething I've been working on for a few months now and finally it works. It's awesome, the potential is amazing.
Basically you can program you complete ignition advance map, using a 12x12 table just like the fuel side of things.

I think I'm going to be charging $310 shipped for the Megasquirt setup for the 420A, for both spark and ignition. Or still charge $285 shipped for the Megasquirt setup for Fuel only.
I'll probably start offering the ignition modules for sale that are needed to drive the stock coil pack also.

If anyone has any questions, please post them here so that everyone can learn from it.

The next thing to work on is Knock Detection using the factory knock sensor.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

widebodyeclipseNov-23-04 06:37 AM
535 posts,
#117, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 9

with all the stuff that you are working on are we even going to need the stock ecu? sorry for not knowing alot about this side of things

Initial DSMNov-23-04 07:18 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#118, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 10

Very good news.

DSMRoadsterNov-23-04 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#119, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by MrSlick
The next thing to work on is Knock Detection using the factory knock sensor.

try to get that done before christmas please, so i can ask Santa for a MS. I already bought a lap top in anticipation of getting a MS.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

MrSlickNov-24-04 05:37 AM
1120 posts,
#120, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
Originally posted by MrSlick The next thing to work on is Knock Detection using the factory knock sensor.
try to get that done before christmas please, so i can ask Santa for a MS. I already bought a lap top in anticipation of getting a MS.

Well the circuit design and software are already in existence.
But I need to build the circuit, and test it with the 2gnt knock sensor to see if it works.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Teamner947Nov-28-04 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#121, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
Just so everyone knows, this is about as big as it gets for the 420a in my opinion. I mean, I thought it was huge when you could slap a turbosystem on the 420a, but now, to slap a standalone (fuel AND IGNITION) that controls everything and uses most of the stock sensors....wow. And to top that, it only costs about $300. DSMlink...psssht. This is awesome! With full control of fuel and ignition (retard), there's really nothing stopping anyone from boosting 25...30 + psi. BIG horsepower here!

Yes, this is definately big news. Maybe now I'll finally see someone from this board (and others...) at the shootout next year in Q16 other than HRC.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

97whitESiNov-28-04 04:30 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#122, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 24

the message is clear: we NEED somebody to do the theoretical NVT1500 swap.....

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

SilverBullet20gNov-23-04 08:15 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#123, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by MrSlick
For more details see this post: http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=4695 I posted the news there a few days ago, but basically I now have the Megasquirt running full spark and fuel control on my car. using the factory Crank Position Sensor. This is very good news for the 420A community. I'll post more later. Ask away with any questions. Lee.

Is it possible to use the MS spark control with my AEM? So I don't have to build a crank trigger wheel? I should of bought this in the first place..

(parting out 95 GS)

xtrickedeclipsexNov-23-04 09:19 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#124, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 12

BHA!!! I CANT WAITE ANY LONGER!!! STOP TAUNTING ME!!!!

j/k...Keep up the good work lee..your the man
---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

MrSlickNov-24-04 05:39 AM
1120 posts,
#125, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
BHA!!! I CANT WAITE ANY LONGER!!! STOP TAUNTING ME!!!! j/k...Keep up the good work lee..your the man --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Thanks's hombre.
If you want to add the stuff to your MS it will need modifications.
You can do them yourself if you can solder, or you can send it back to me and I can make the mods for you.
There will be a fee of $45 for the mods including ground shipping.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

xtrickedeclipsexNov-24-04 06:46 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#126, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 16

I prolly send mine down. i want this BAD.
---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

TXTurboGSNov-24-04 07:05 AM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
333 posts,
#127, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 17

LEE, I need to hear from you soon. I need my MS, the one I bought plus I was thinking of addng the spark control too, so please, get back to me. Thanks

MrSlickNov-24-04 10:31 AM
1120 posts,
#128, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by TXTurboGS
LEE, I need to hear from you soon. I need my MS, the one I bought plus I was thinking of addng the spark control too, so please, get back to me. Thanks

Hey man, you got PM.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

fly1Nov-24-04 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 20

I haven't been on the board for a while, but, great work!!! It's good to read about such a positive advancement for the 420A fuel/ignition control options. Although there are a few setups out there, to come up with a total fuel/ignition system that is also affordable by the average Joe, is commendable. Congrats.!

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

MrSlickNov-24-04 10:31 AM
1120 posts,
#130, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
I prolly send mine down. i want this BAD. --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Let me know.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

DarKReaLityNov-25-04 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#131, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 19

hey i'm kinda also interested, but first right now, i want to see the full potential on the 8-injector mod. if it works out well seeing 25psi boost on a dyno with good a/f and timing readings i guess i'll stay with it. i'm not really going beyond 410WHP. let's see i'll let you know as well.

CollenteNov-28-04 04:06 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#132, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by DarKReaLity
hey i'm kinda also interested, but first right now, i want to see the full potential on the 8-injector mod. if it works out well seeing 25psi boost on a dyno with good a/f and timing readings i guess i'll stay with it. i'm not really going beyond 410WHP. let's see i'll let you know as well.

why 8 injectors when the mega squirt can handle just about any injector size? FULL FUEL AND IGNITION, omg this is amazing and the price to boot.

8-injector setup can kiss my ass imo

Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK
ZAO684: NIPPLE warning...maybe>?
turbo8u> yea i was a window licker on the short bus in junior high

DarKReaLityNov-28-04 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#133, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 23

well i already have it and nobody have really tested the full potential of it, so i wanna see what it can do. i'm sure if it can handle what i want then there's no need for the MS. i have 675cc of fuel per cylinder which is plenty enough for me.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #107 Previous topic | Next topic