Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3430
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sean VS Satan, ECU code 36" Previous topic | Next topic
ESiKingSep-19-07 09:54 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3430, "Sean VS Satan, ECU code 36"

Alrighty after battling the haggard shoot coming off of the exhaust to try and replace what parts I could, I finally broke down and realised that the dealership was my only option.

turns out that even though I scheduled my car for monday morning, on saturday, told them what recall it was (thx to the knowledge on this site) and took everything that they should have to remove out, they called me back monday before they closed to let me know that they needed a part and couldnt get it until wednesday...

As far as I could tell this recall called for no replacement parts, but free stuff is free stuff right? so I let them keep it until wednesday, then I go in to pick it up today and they tell me they went get the part in until tomorrow, so I hassle the guy to let me see my car and the parts list for what the recall wanted. Everything on there was normal, software update, hose cap, vacuum line replacement and a metal cap for the exhaust, and of course the all important $12 sticker, but at the very bottom the recall called for a new fuel pressure regulator...

I didnt understand that but if they arent charging me for it I let them do their thing, after thinking about it though on the way home in a friends boring protege I starting wondering why they would have to replace this. The old one had no problems and on the paper I was showed at the dealership the recall specifically asked for this to be changed. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thx for all the help guys I would have been lost on the recall if it wasnt for these forums.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Cold air intake
Exhaust
Ebay Halo's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-25-07 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3441, "RE: Sean VS Satan, ECU code 36"
In response to Reply # 0

There was a safety recall on the '95 FPR. That's most likely what they're waiting for.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ESiKingSep-29-07 06:14 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
3 posts,
#3449, "RE: Sean VS Satan, ECU code 36"
In response to Reply # 1

Heh they replaced the FPR and added some software to the PCM, it made my car stop running rich but Im still stuck with the check engine light. I tryed to talk with them about it but they had already kept my car for 4 days to do that, and they wanted to keep it another day just to "have a technician look at it to tell you what exactly is wrong with it." then it would have taken them another day to fix it. The lady in the service department that I had to talk to had no idea what was going on, or what a talon was, so I didnt want to yell at her and just ended up walking off as she was halfway through a sentence.

So now im gonna hit up another dealership and walk in with the TSB in hand.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Cold air intake
Exhaust
Ebay Halo's

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3430 Previous topic | Next topic