Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3053
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
SlushboxMar-19-07 02:26 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3053, "MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"

I am using MS1 software to start with (fuel only). The trigger is set up for the hall circuit as stated in the neon/420a section. I also ordered the V2.2 stimulator. All the CLT, IAT, TPS, and 02 (wb and nb) all work, but I don't have a tach. I have tried the resistor mod (1K) on R9, the B+ is 8.2V, I checked the voltage at U1 pin 8 on the stimulator and I am getting the same voltage that the battery is sending out, ~8.2V! That seems a little high for the 555 chip. Has anyone else experienced this???

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-19-07 05:12 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3055, "RE: MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-19-07 05:14 PM by Star Turbo Talon

I am not positive exactly what you explaining but with the stimulator, the tach doesnt work with the 420a code. If you want to test the MS on the stimulator, set the tach to MSNS in the "codebas and outputs function" menu. When you install the MS you will need to set it back to the 420a decoder.

Now the 8.2 volts your getting.......At the ECU main prom (U1), pins 1 and 2 should only get 5v. Forget pin 8, use the manual for testing. pin 1 19, and 31 are grounds. pins 2, 20, 32 are 5v. If your getting 8v then you have a short somewhere.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SlushboxMar-19-07 11:56 PM
73 posts,
#3056, "RE: MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Terry, I was worried that the I had an issue with the hall effect cicuit. If it won't work without changing the tach to MSNS then that would explain it. I have the correct voltages at the EPROM on the MS1 unit. Can't wait to get home and try it!

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-20-07 10:14 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3061, "RE: MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

No your OK then. That is the reason some of the 2GNTers dont build the Stim for testing. I set the code to MSNS for the inital testing to make sure all works.

Terry

SlushboxMar-27-07 02:50 PM
73 posts,
#3091, "RE: MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help, I used the MSNS and switched to VR, then walahhh!!!!! It's alive

ivan300Oct-20-07 11:36 AM
Member since Dec 15th 2006
103 posts,
#3475, "RE: MS1 V3 and Stimulator = no tach!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

sorry to bring up a old topic but.

Im done assembling my v3 board, but i cant get rpm on the sim with the 420a crank decoder or the msns setting.

is it supposed to work if the board has been moded for ignition?

99 Eclipse GS(with Turbo),Turbonetics 60-1 0.63a/r, MS II v3, 3" Turbo back exhaust, GSX Brakes, Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons, Eagle Rods, Crane 14s, SS Valves, Felpro Gasket Kit, Obx Lsd, Southbend Fe Clutch, Ebay Short Shifter, Pioneer Avic-N3, 12" Alpine Type-R

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3053 Previous topic | Next topic