Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3016
View in linear mode

Subject: "It's running, problem or two, maybe?" Previous topic | Next topic
xceler8Feb-18-07 03:55 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3016, "It's running, problem or two, maybe?"

I got it idling now with the ms doing fuel only.
I have a few errors coming up when I try to load my msq into mt.

WARNING(03): Value from option list "HCutLCType" = "INVALID" not found.

WARNING(03): Value from option list "HCutType" = "INVALID" not found.

WARNING(03): Value from option list "OvrBCutType" = "INVALID" not found.

WARNING(03): Value from option list "pwmidlewhen" = "INVALID" not found.

Straight from my audit file. Any ideas of where to look to fix these?

Is it normal for the wideband to jump around a lot? At idel it jumps around from about 13.8 down to 11.4 or so, it doesn't stay very steady. I'm running the aem uego which didn't allow me set it up in the configurer, so I had to use the lci 0-5v which seemed to work.
I'm running the 2.2 024s. I have the 42lb with 43.5 static. My req fuel is about 8.0 and it seems to like that. Vacuum at idle is about 17 or so.

I'm sure there's more, I have yet to drive the car, I want to iron everything out before I go out. It seemsto start alright and warm up decent. Idle I think is good, just getting a lot of jumping around on the ego.

Thanks

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-18-07 04:15 PM, #1
RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, xceler8, Feb-18-07 04:26 PM, #2
      RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, xceler8, Feb-18-07 10:49 PM, #3
           RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Feb-19-07 04:31 AM, #4
                RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-19-07 11:26 AM, #5
                     RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, xceler8, Feb-19-07 01:12 PM, #6
                          RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, xceler8, Feb-20-07 03:47 PM, #7
                               RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-01-07 08:40 AM, #8

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-18-07 04:15 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3017, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-19-07 01:37 AM by Star Turbo Talon

The Errors are most likely from the original map being created on another laptop. All kits I have made for other members will have appx 8 errors due to some megatune customizing on my laptop.

As far as your AFR moving around, you will need to tune the idle bins to achieve a semi stable AFR. you will not be able to peg the AFR to one value but you will be able to get it to fluctuate in the same whole number value (ie 14.XX).

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xceler8Feb-18-07 04:26 PM
269 posts,
#3018, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah Terry, you built mine. So I will disregard the 4 errors, there nothing really big anyways from what I can tell.

By the idle bins, you mean the kpa around idle and the fuel amount for idle in my ve table?
God I never thought I would be this far. This is pretty cool so far and there's so much I still have to work on. I need to just play with it some more.

Thanks Terry-

Anything else I need to look for?

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

xceler8Feb-18-07 10:49 PM
269 posts,
#3019, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Terry or whomever knows, how do I get rid of the cel's that are coming up saying that I don't have injectors? I don't have the factory injector harness plugged in right now. Do I need to plug it back in and use a resistor equivilent to the stock injectors? Any of you guys have a fix for this?

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

BOOSTED ECLIPSEFeb-19-07 04:31 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#3020, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 3

You will have to live with the CEL. There's not a fix for it as far as I know.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-19-07 11:26 AM
8331 posts,
#3021, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 4

no fix, i have tried the resistors and I also tried just leaving 4 dummy injectors in there. No luck

xceler8Feb-19-07 01:12 PM
269 posts,
#3023, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 5

poop, oh well for thinking.I guess If I ever have to do emission again (2 years), I can hook the facory ecu back into the 440's and turn down the static. I know it's bad cause there's won't be enough pressure, but the emissions place is about a mile from my house! I could even plug it back in in there parking lot after it passes.

I made a bunch of changes to my settings and figured out how to use the ms log viewer to look at my logs from last night. I ahve to say, this shit is pretty tight and really amazes me thus far.

I still ahve to give you mad props Terry, and everyone here for all the knowledge that I've found by using the "search" button! It's pretty f-in crazy what you can find-

Talk to you all later-

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

xceler8Feb-20-07 03:47 PM
269 posts,
#3025, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 6

I got a sweet idle and warmup for it last night. She likes it a little rich for idle and warmup, but my afr sits about 11-11.3 the whole time at idle! It doesn't really fluctuate at all. It almsot just kicks right over when starting too cold. About 2-3 cranks! This is pretty awesome. I drive it down the street to move it out of the garage to work on my other car and it was purring like a lion!

This is pretty tight-
I got a hold of a guy down where I live that knows how to set up the ms at his dyno shop, so I think when I get the motor broken in I'm going to have him dyno tune the fuel and spark on the dyno.

See what I can get out of it!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-01-07 08:40 AM
8331 posts,
#3035, "RE: It's running, problem or two, maybe?"
In response to Reply # 7

In my setup, i have found that from a cold startup my idle afr is in the low 13's or high 12's. after the car has been driven and gets good an hot my idle is in the low-mid 14's

Terry

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3016 Previous topic | Next topic