Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2821
View in linear mode

Subject: "correct engine management!" Previous topic | Next topic
RCJr9186Dec-14-06 02:48 AM
Member since May 18th 2005
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2821, "correct engine management!"

hello yall, i'm no newbie to the mits world but i am a newb on this forum. OK if you know me from Mitsubishiforum, you already know my story but for those of you who don't i'm turbo'ing my 99 420a eclips. my final product will be a completely built engine with a gt30R on it pushing between 18 and 20psi. my final HP goal is apx 400whp. so i'm wondering which engine management to get, in the beginning i was thinking of Greddy Emanage but i'm not sure if that will be enough, so what do yall suggest?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: correct engine management!, WIDECLIPSE, Dec-14-06 03:23 AM, #1
RE: correct engine management!, Keith2172, Dec-14-06 05:19 AM, #2
      RE: correct engine management!, BlackMagic, Dec-14-06 09:15 AM, #3
           RE: correct engine management!, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-14-06 09:42 AM, #4
                RE: correct engine management!, RCJr9186, Dec-15-06 04:42 AM, #5
                     RE: correct engine management!, Aggression, Dec-15-06 06:16 AM, #6
                     RE: correct engine management!, Moderatormicyek, Dec-15-06 06:20 AM, #7
                          RE: correct engine management!, slowmitsu, Dec-15-06 07:16 AM, #8
                               RE: correct engine management!, Moderatormicyek, Dec-15-06 08:57 AM, #9
                                    RE: correct engine management!, slowmitsu, Dec-15-06 09:19 AM, #10

WIDECLIPSEDec-14-06 03:23 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2822, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 0

Do a search for the Megasquirt. It, imo, is the best ems for our cars right now and it can be had for around $400.

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Dec-14-06 05:19 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#2823, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 1

Agree with ^^^ but I question whether a GT30R will be able to push you into the 400whp range?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

BlackMagicDec-14-06 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2824, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Keith2172
Agree with ^^^ but I question whether a GT30R will be able to push you into the 400whp range?

Not at 20psi, there is a gsx where I am running one at like 27 or 28psi making 450whp.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Moderatorcs82685Dec-14-06 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#2825, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BlackMagic
Originally posted by Keith2172 Agree with ^^^ but I question whether a GT30R will be able to push you into the 400whp range?
Not at 20psi, there is a gsx where I am running one at like 27 or 28psi making 450whp.

Just solely on what you said, I would think he might be able to get close. Less loss through the drivetrain and lower hp goals, he might need a few more pounds of boost than he's planning, but with a good tune, maybe. Anyways, OP don't listen to me I don't know enough about flow rates of different turbos to tell you what one will be good for what horsepower

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

RCJr9186Dec-15-06 04:42 AM
Member since May 18th 2005
2 posts,
#2826, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 4

well i saw an SRT4 on streetfire pushin 402whp with a gt30r at 19psi... so i'm hopeful... if not, i can either just boost it a lil more than planned... or get a gt35r with a 35shot around 3500 and i'll be good to go.... OR get a 20G from hahn and be good to go. many options.

AggressionDec-15-06 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2827, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-15-06 06:17 AM by Aggression

Originally posted by RCJr9186
well i saw an SRT4 on streetfire pushin 402whp with a gt30r at 19psi... so i'm hopeful...

OK OK OK....First off you have to remember that an SRT-4 is "NOT" an eclipse, so please stop comparing the 2...and I would hope you know the SRT-4 has a 2.4 and we have a 2.0. Now that plays a bit of a role on how the SRT-4 can make that amount of hp at that amount of boost as well as spool a turbo that big before hitting 4k.

if not, i can either just boost it a lil more than planned... or get a gt35r with a 35shot around 3500 and i'll be good to go.... OR get a 20G from hahn and be good to go. many options.

Have at it HOSS! BLOW THAT MF UP!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

ModeratormicyekDec-15-06 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#2828, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 5

well i saw an SRT4 on streetfire pushin 402whp with a gt30r at 19psi... so i'm hopeful... if not, i can either just boost it a lil more than planned... or get a gt35r with a 35shot around 3500 and i'll be good to go.... OR get a 20G from hahn and be good to go. many options.

What you have to remember is that srt-4's were built for boost. If I'm not mistaken 19psi for an srt-4 is not much over stock. They probably got the elevated numbers from the more efficient turbo, and supporting mods. You'll have to work a lot harder to reach 400whp. Only a handful of ppl around here have achieved those numbers. Good luck to you and as said before Megasquirt is your best option. More complicated ...but once you are past that you are golden. Hind sight being 20/20 I think anyone here that is running a MS wishes they wouldn't have wasted money on any other engine management. For a complete novice though I would recommend an EIC, Hanh’s portfueler is a good choice for someone that can't or doesn't have the time fabricate, and has money to burn.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

slowmitsuDec-15-06 07:16 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#2829, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by micyek
What you have to remember is that srt-4's were built for boost. If I'm not mistaken 19psi for an srt-4 is not much over stock.

19 PSI on a TD04LR-16Gk != 19 PSI on a GT30R.

_______

BPU'd skittle

ModeratormicyekDec-15-06 08:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#2830, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Originally posted by micyek What you have to remember is that srt-4's were built for boost. If I'm not mistaken 19psi for an srt-4 is not much over stock.

Inflate this to 19psi

Now inflate this tire to 19psi

Same amount of air? Nope.

What I'm saying is, unless the TD04lr-16GK flows the same a GT30R...and I'll be honest with you, I don't know. But if the GT30R flows more, you are going to get more performance out of the GT30R..as long as your engine can push it to peak efficiency at a reasonable RPM.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

slowmitsuDec-15-06 09:19 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#2831, "RE: correct engine management!"
In response to Reply # 9
Dec-15-06 09:22 AM by slowmitsu

Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by slowmitsu
Originally posted by micyek What you have to remember is that srt-4's were built for boost. If I'm not mistaken 19psi for an srt-4 is not much over stock.
http://stevegarufi.com/storybiketube1.jp g Inflate this to 19psi http://hiwwpoh.com/adventuretwo/bigtire.jp g Now inflate this tire to 19psi Same amount of air? Nope. What I'm saying is, unless the TD04lr-16GK flows the same a GT30R...and I'll be honest with you, I don't know. But if the GT30R flows more, you are going to get more performance out of the GT30R..as long as your engine can push it to peak efficiency at a reasonable RPM.

I know turbocharger theory well enough, it's OK. Your post was just a tad confusing (for me at least) and wanted to make sure people understood that. Edit: And just for reference the tiny little OE turbo on an SRT isn't much different in size than a T-too-small.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2821 Previous topic | Next topic