Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2389
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions about the EGO Control." Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Aug-09-06 06:29 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2389, "Questions about the EGO Control."
Aug-09-06 06:31 PM by gilee_8

Sup guys.
I pretty much tune my car pretty good (under no boost)
But I am wondering.
I try to set the fuel map to be a bit richer. so it will be around 13.5:1 instead of 14.7:1

But whenever I turn on the EGO Control under Basic Setting->exhaust gas setting. if I set EGO to be active above certain coolant temp and RPM. then when EGO is active, it will fix the AFR to around 14.7:1. Then when I wanna accelerate a bit faster, the EGT will rise alot faster now since it will stay around 14-15:1 for AFR.

But if I turn off the EGO control (like setting the active above RPM to 5000RPM). Then without EGO control, and with VE table a bit richer, the EGT stay around 1400-1500F during regular driving. because now without EGO control, my AFR shown in my WBo2 will be around 13.x:1 during load.

So if this is the case, what is the point of the EGO? can I setup the EGO control so it will correct the AFR to like 13.7:1 instead of 14.7:1??

Also, what is the best AFR during idling, below boosting (regular driving), and under boost?

Thanks guys!
Gilbert

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ChamukoAug-10-06 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2395, "RE: Questions about the EGO Control."
In response to Reply # 0

do you have it set to NB or WB? your specific wide band set up should be selected as well, I.e. tech edge, zeitronix etc.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSAug-10-06 01:05 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2396, "RE: Questions about the EGO Control."
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-10-06 01:07 PM by XtremeRS

For using the wideband o2, you can set the target voltage the MS will shoot for when you are driving. Stoich(14.7:1) is roughly 2.470 volts, which is where you set it for stoich. If you want it a bit richer, then you need to lower that number, to lets say around 2.1 volts. Leaner is above 2.47 volts. Higher o2 voltage is leaner, lower o2 voltage is richer. Dont use the target A/F tables until you get in a decent tune in the VE table.

A good A/F for idle can vary, but it will be smoother when its richer than stoich. 13.5-14.0 is good. Normal driving should be stoich 14.7, and low boost(0-5 psi), can be 13.5, 5-10 psi should be around 12.5, and 10-12 psi around 12.0, and 12+ should be 11.5-11.7. That should be a good starting point.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Aug-10-06 04:50 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#2397, "RE: Questions about the EGO Control."
In response to Reply # 2

thanks alot! so for now i am stuck with the nbo2...there is nothing much i can do......damn it!

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

TeamXtremeRSAug-10-06 05:05 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2398, "RE: Questions about the EGO Control."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah with the narrow band, you can only get the stoich readings, so set it to narrowband.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2389 Previous topic | Next topic