Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2242
View in linear mode

Subject: "Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd" Previous topic | Next topic
DJ420aJul-16-06 05:52 AM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2242, "Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"

Let me give you the prob first, in the order it happens.

Get in the car and put the key in.

Turn the key and prime the pump first (I always do this)

Start the car

The car goes up to about 2k then dies

Restart car, then it runs fine

Now Ive been having this problem since Ive Ms'd and thats been roughly 3 years. Ive check and tried everything I know of. Ive even tried to richen the start up enrichments and nothing. When I first prime the pump and when its starting, the fuel pressure stays the same, about 43 psi.

It does not affect the way it drives or runs, I just figured I'd throw this at you guys and see if you had any ideas I couldnt think of.

TIA
DJ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jul-16-06 08:25 AM, #1
RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-16-06 10:25 AM, #2
RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, DJ420a, Jul-16-06 12:04 PM, #3
      RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, CarbonFiberRST, Jul-23-06 04:34 PM, #4
           RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-25-06 06:08 AM, #5
                RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-25-06 07:26 AM, #6
                     RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, DJ420a, Jul-27-06 06:34 AM, #7
                          RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, CarbonFiberRST, Aug-01-06 01:29 PM, #8
                               RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-01-06 03:15 PM, #9

BOOSTED ECLIPSEJul-16-06 08:25 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2243, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the same problem,but it only does it when the engine is cold. I have tried changing settings as well, but it still does it

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-16-06 10:25 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2244, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 1

How long is your after start enrichment set to be active?

DJ420aJul-16-06 12:04 PM
1219 posts,
#2245, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BOOSTED ECLIPSE
I have the same problem,but it only does it when the engine is cold. I have tried changing settings as well, but it still does it

Thats exactly the only time mine does it aswell.

Are you talkin about the "ASE Total Time"? Cuz if you are, its set at 20 seconds.

ASE Mode is set for Decay*^

MAP mode during ASE is set for Normal MAP*^

Does anything look wrong?

CarbonFiberRSTJul-23-06 04:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2263, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 3

Wow, Mine does this too. It didn't always do it. It started once I switched to someones .msq that has the ignition enabled and I don't know how to tell the MS unit that its only doing fuel.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-25-06 06:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2271, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 4

Mine does that too, it;'s been better since I added fuel to the idle bins.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamXtremeRSJul-25-06 07:26 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2272, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-25-06 07:27 AM by XtremeRS

Take a look at your afterstart enrichments, set it to around 10 seconds, and make your enrichments ABOVE 100% to add fuel. Mine did this too when the ASE numbers were below 100%, which seems like most people use, but it never worked right when i had it that way. Make sure your warmup enrichments are rich enough as well, esp when full cold, so its got plenty of fuel when the ASE time expires, and goes to warmup enrichments.
Also, try a "fixed map then decay" setting if that doesnt work, and put in the fixed map range of your normal idle kpa.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

DJ420aJul-27-06 06:34 AM
1219 posts,
#2301, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 6

I dont know if anyone else tried it, but the first idea above worked for me. The car starts right away and doesnt even hesitate.

Good call....thanks alot!!

DJ

CarbonFiberRSTAug-01-06 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#2327, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 7

I don't quite follow what xtremers is saying. This is how mine is now, What should I change?

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

TeamXtremeRSAug-01-06 03:15 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2328, "RE: Prob Ive been having since I Ms'd"
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-01-06 03:17 PM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
I don't quite follow what xtremers is saying. This is how mine is now, What should I change?

In the "ase timer", use "seconds" instead of cycles, put in 10 for "total ASE time", then in the grid below, use numbers above 100% to add fuel. 100% is NO fuel added. 110% is 10% fuel added, ect..So at -40 degrees, you would have 160, at -20 you would have 155, at 0 you would have 150, and so on..(looking at your numbers you have posted). Change just those things, leave the other 2 perameters in the middle unchanged for now(decay, ect). Try that out and see what happens.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2242 Previous topic | Next topic