Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #920
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions about the new Wiki main site?" Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-24-06 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#920, "Questions about the new Wiki main site?"

They go here.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-24-06 06:39 PM, #1
RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-24-06 06:53 PM, #2
      RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, BlackMagic, Oct-24-06 07:44 PM, #3
           RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-25-06 05:31 AM, #4
                RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-25-06 07:39 AM, #5
                     RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-25-06 08:34 AM, #6
                          RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-25-06 01:12 PM, #7
                               RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, TeamDR1665, Oct-25-06 01:51 PM, #8
                                    RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-25-06 03:11 PM, #9
                                         RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-29-06 06:23 PM, #10
                                              RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-29-06 06:57 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-20-06 07:21 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-21-06 05:04 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-21-06 07:52 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, Eric, Jan-02-07 10:04 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-02-07 03:12 PM, #16

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-24-06 06:39 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#921, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 0

is there a way to open chat and keep the Forums open. In the past this allowed an individual to be in chat and brows the forum at the same time.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-24-06 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#922, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 1

Right click -> open link in new window.

or, i can make the link do that for you. Either way.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

BlackMagicOct-24-06 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#923, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 2

Is there a way to show how many users are in chat?

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-06 05:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#924, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BlackMagic
Is there a way to show how many users are in chat?

Unfortunately, no. However, with this version it is infinitlely easier to just pop in and look.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Moderatorcs82685Oct-25-06 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#925, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 4

I've got a couple questions, sorry if they're stupid, what happens if some douche bag registered logged in and deleted a page? Or is it that we can only add stuff and not delete stuff?

ok, so now say someone made a writeup, would they just upload the file to the site so when people browse the uploaded files they can find it or is there a specific place to put it? I assume the link to it should be placed in either the modifications or maintenance section accordingly, but those appear to just be links to a page that already exists, how would you go about actually making that page with the write-up, or should you just make a post and link to the post?

I will keep searching this newness to try and answer my own questions for now

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-06 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#926, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 5

Read the HTML Reference page. If you make a Wiki link to a page that doesn't exist, you can then edit the content on that page, creating an entirely new page.

We also have revision control and page locking capabilities. No one can "delete" a page. If a page is editted and a link removed, you can add the link back, the page will still be there. If an edit is made that blanks a page, we can roll that edit back. there's an Alert an Admin feature on every page if you see something like this.

You can also subscribe to pages, so that you recieve a notice when they change. You can do this from the "Change Content" form.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-25-06 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#927, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 6

Damn, I'm such a computer boon! You guys will definitely end up hating me (If you don't already). Figured I'd try first with something simple. I took the link to my dyno chart and clicked it into the dyno area via the file upload button. Got nothing. Anyone want to approach this computer idiot's question of "how to"?

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

TeamDR1665Oct-25-06 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#928, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Damn, I'm such a computer boon! You guys will definitely end up hating me (If you don't already). Figured I'd try first with something simple. I took the link to my dyno chart and clicked it into the dyno area via the file upload button. Got nothing. Anyone want to approach this computer idiot's question of "how to"? MB

You're almost there, Mark!

If the image is already hosted online somewhere, all you need to do is paste the link between IMG tags (like you might on other forums like Tuners). If the image is on your computer at home or work, you will upload it into the wiki, but once you are done, that screen will display the link where the image was stored. That is the link you would use in your post.

Make sense? I just looked through all the hosted images and your dyno slip is not in there. Here's the Cliff's Notes:

1. Go to upload page.
2. Browse to the file you wish to upload.
3. Click the upload button.
4. Copy the URL on the screen after the upload completes.
5. Paste the URL into your article. Images will need IMG tags.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-06 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#929, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by bullettdsm Damn, I'm such a computer boon! You guys will definitely end up hating me (If you don't already). Figured I'd try first with something simple. I took the link to my dyno chart and clicked it into the dyno area via the file upload button. Got nothing. Anyone want to approach this computer idiot's question of "how to"? MB
You're almost there, Mark! If the image is already hosted online somewhere, all you need to do is paste the link between IMG tags (like you might on other forums like Tuners). If the image is on your computer at home or work, you will upload it into the wiki, but once you are done, that screen will display the link where the image was stored. That is the link you would use in your post. Make sense? I just looked through all the hosted images and your dyno slip is not in there. Here's the Cliff's Notes: 1. Go to upload page. 2. Browse to the file you wish to upload. 3. Click the upload button. 4. Copy the URL on the screen after the upload completes. 5. Paste the URL into your article. Images will need IMG tags.

It shows the exact string, including img tags, that you'll need to use in a wiki page after you've uploaded the file.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Moderatorcs82685Oct-29-06 06:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#933, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 9

I must say, I was hoping to see a Vendors section, on the Reviews page, and yet it seems to be one of the only places we can't edit content.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-29-06 06:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#934, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 10

I pinned it for a little while till everyone gets the hang of it. I'll unpin it in a couple weeks or something.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Moderatorcs82685Dec-20-06 07:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#972, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by cs82685
I must say, I was hoping to see a Vendors section, on the Reviews page, and yet it seems to be one of the only places we can't edit content.

Originally posted by eclipzGST
I pinned it for a little while till everyone gets the hang of it. I'll unpin it in a couple weeks or something.

Two questions. Anyone opposed to me just tossing the suggestion above on the page since I can edit it now, or is this something you guys want to keep in the good guys/bad guys section or just to general posts like I've seen on companies in the past? Personally I think if there are vendor reviews they need to be respectful regardless of the persons opinion good/bad since they are providing parts/services for our community.

And are all the original parts reviews lost, cause if so there are a few I can throw up there that I had with the old format? Just figured if they were still in existence, I wouldn't bother redoing them and would just copy/paste from wherever they're at.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-21-06 05:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#973, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 12

No, they're not lost...

Check PMs.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Moderatorcs82685Dec-21-06 07:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#974, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by DarkOne
No, they're not lost... Check PMs.

Thanks Dino

EricJan-02-07 10:04 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#975, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 14

We can't subscribe to new pages we create?

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-02-07 03:12 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#976, "RE: Questions about the new Wiki main site?"
In response to Reply # 15

Sure you can. When your writing it there is a small check box under the window that you check. Worked for me, I updated my 3:55 writeup and got an email.

Terry

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #920 Previous topic | Next topic