Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #458
View in linear mode

Subject: "about the f/s section..." Previous topic | Next topic
madhatter210Aug-30-05 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#458, "about the f/s section..."

Is there anyway to tighten it up like the top is for the good guy bad guy section?

Meaning: sectioning it off

Good guys
Bad guys

Performance,oem mechanical
Body parts
Chassis/Suspension
Electronics
Cars/part cars

with the "rules of posting" sticky'd at the top of each section.

If the current moderators don't want the extra work I'd be willing to volunteer with limited powers to just move post's to the appropriate section when needed. Or at the very least "report post" when needed.

I know it would make people with multiple different items to post in more than one section. Though I think it would make for less headach trying to find needed items without all the fluff of questions on other items to see if what your looking for was already sold. I have even noticed sellers getting confused as to who wanted what when he misses a responce in the thread. LOL that and not having to skim pages of posts where the selling items thread title isn't really descriptive enough IE: "LOOK here must sell" "many parts must go"

I dunno just an idea I figured I'd throw out.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

djtrickeeAug-31-05 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#460, "RE: about the f/s section..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think its easier to sort through 1 list like it is now. I mean I dont want to have to read through 5 or 6 different sections to see whats available. And what if I have some SS lines, a HVAC trim piece, and a safc 2 to sell? I would have to post and monitor 3 different threads in 3 different categories just to see if anyone is interested.

Now maybe having the good guys and badguys at the top and then 2 sub forums
WTB and FS would work better.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Aug-31-05 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#461, "RE: about the f/s section..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by madhatter210
Is there anyway to tighten it up like the top is for the good guy bad guy section? Meaning: sectioning it off Good guys Bad guys Performance,oem mechanical Body parts Chassis/Suspension Electronics Cars/part cars with the "rules of posting" sticky'd at the top of each section. If the current moderators don't want the extra work I'd be willing to volunteer with limited powers to just move post's to the appropriate section when needed. Or at the very least "report post" when needed. I know it would make people with multiple different items to post in more than one section. Though I think it would make for less headach trying to find needed items without all the fluff of questions on other items to see if what your looking for was already sold.

I really don't think any of that is neccessary.

Originally posted by madhatter210
I have even noticed sellers getting confused as to who wanted what when he misses a responce in the thread. LOL that and not having to skim pages of posts where the selling items thread title isn't really descriptive enough IE: "LOOK here must sell" "many parts must go" I dunno just an idea I figured I'd throw out.

We delete any posts without FS or WTB at the beginning of the title. We also change titles to be more descriptive so it's easier to know what is being sold in the thread. Actually, I delete at least a few posts a day because of members not following the rules.

Follow the rules and everything works great. If we add more sub-forums, then members will still not follow the rules and we'll have to do more work to keep things in order.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

madhatter210Aug-31-05 08:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#462, "RE: about the f/s section..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by dougie2
I really don't think any of that is neccessary.

yeah I didn't think it was neccessary, just wanted to throw out an idear is all.

I like to browse the f/s section and just thought it would make it easier to pinpoint what I was looking for sometimes.

Not a biggie, just talk is all. Stimulation

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #458 Previous topic | Next topic