Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #446
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-24-05 07:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#446, "Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"

I think it would be easier to for people who are selling lots of stuff to be able to edit their original posts whether or not something is sold or to change prices. Then, people can read the first post and not have to scroll through 100 replies of "PM sent" or dead offers to know whats still available or not.
Just a thought I had when browsing another board.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-24-05 08:29 AM, #1
RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-24-05 09:11 AM, #2
      RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, totaleklipse97, Aug-24-05 03:03 PM, #3
           RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-24-05 03:17 PM, #4
                RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, totaleklipse97, Aug-24-05 04:34 PM, #5
                     RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Aug-25-05 09:19 AM, #6
                          RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-25-05 11:58 AM, #7
                               RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, ModeratorCorbin, Aug-26-05 06:41 AM, #8
                                    RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, TeamJeff_99gs, Aug-26-05 09:09 AM, #9
                                         RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, TeamDR1665, Aug-26-05 12:09 PM, #10
                                              RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-28-05 12:52 AM, #11

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-24-05 08:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#447, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 0

Moderators don't have a time limit. I'll just have them PM you for it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-24-05 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#448, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Moderators don't have a time limit. I'll just have them PM you for it.

Thats fine. I'll need mod status in the FS section though. Actually, on second thought thats going to be a LOT more work won't it. hehe Fuck it, whatever, I'll do what I can. If I cant keep up, they can wait.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

totaleklipse97Aug-24-05 03:03 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#449, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 2

can you change just the parameters of editing for the forsale section only? leave it the same for other parts of the forum but have seperate settings for the fs/wtb section.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-24-05 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#450, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
can you change just the parameters of editing for the forsale section only? leave it the same for other parts of the forum but have seperate settings for the fs/wtb section.

anything is possible if you paypal Dino the right amount of money...

totaleklipse97Aug-24-05 04:34 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#451, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 can you change just the parameters of editing for the forsale section only? leave it the same for other parts of the forum but have seperate settings for the fs/wtb section.
anything is possible if you paypal Dino the right amount of money...

I could really care less if anyone edits anything in any section. I never need to edit my post because I *proof read* (not saying english is my strong point). There is just no need in other sections if you check what you post before submitting. Of course that's asking too much of the 10 year olds you mods babysit here. I was more throwing out ideas for dino to ponder.
I don't think I need to paypal any more money to dino, I helped him blow up his motor. Now I'm helping him get to a chicago 2gnt meet. My due to 2gnt has been paid. Hell I should get donating status for all that, bwahahah.
If I knew shit about editing a board I would more than volunteer my time to help.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-25-05 09:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#452, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-25-05 09:20 AM by EvuLFleA

Is there a reason there is a limit in the first place?

On FatWallet the OP is always editing the first post with updates. If someone wants to update the status on their car in a question they posts you'd think updating into a single post would be easier. I just don't see the purpose of a time limit.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-25-05 11:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#453, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Is there a reason there is a limit in the first place? On FatWallet the OP is always editing the first post with updates. If someone wants to update the status on their car in a question they posts you'd think updating into a single post would be easier. I just don't see the purpose of a time limit.

exactly.

ModeratorCorbinAug-26-05 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#454, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-26-05 06:46 AM by Corbin

I'm OK with deleting the time limit in the "For Sale" section. I'd like to leave the time limit on the other sections. It could get confusing if people start editing their questions after people have answered them. You can lose the flow of the question/response cycle if a person drastically edits their initial post. I like to be able to follow a thread from start to finish and figure out what each person was contributing. And if someone posts some really retarded response, I like to see them hang for it without the ability to edit their post after people start ripping on them.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

TeamJeff_99gsAug-26-05 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#455, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-26-05 09:09 AM by Jeff_99gs

Originally posted by Corbin
I'm OK with deleting the time limit in the "For Sale" section. I'd like to leave the time limit on the other sections. It could get confusing if people start editing their questions after people have answered them. You can lose the flow of the question/response cycle if a person drastically edits their initial post. I like to be able to follow a thread from start to finish and figure out what each person was contributing. And if someone posts some really retarded response, I like to see them hang for it without the ability to edit their post after people start ripping on them.

I entirely agree.

TeamDR1665Aug-26-05 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#456, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 9
Aug-26-05 12:10 PM by DR1665

Originally posted by Corbin
And if someone posts some really retarded response, I like to see them hang for it without the ability to edit their post after people start ripping on them.

I know I'm hanging all over this place like that, but I also agree entirely.

Thank God for the edit feature for at least a few minutes! LOL

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-28-05 12:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#457, "RE: Can we dump the limit on time to edit posts?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by Corbin And if someone posts some really retarded response, I like to see them hang for it without the ability to edit their post after people start ripping on them.
I know I'm hanging all over this place like that, but I also agree entirely. Thank God for the edit feature for at least a few minutes! LOL

60, actually. I'm more worried about the revisionist history aspect of removing the edit time limit - if we remove it, people can edit their posts as far back as 2001. I think that is a bad thing and the potential for misuse vastly outweighs the benefit provided for one single section. It's all or nothing - some amount of time for every post everywhere or none at all. I know the code, and it's just not reasonably possible to make that per-forum dependant.

And, since i get the last say in the end regardless, no. Sorry.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #446 Previous topic | Next topic