Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #400
View in linear mode

Subject: "idea for the chat?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jul-14-05 10:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#400, "idea for the chat?"

Just a thought, here...

I notice when you have the chat open and alt+tab off to do other things (like actual work ), it will regain focus when anything is posted, be it a comment or announcement. Is there any way to modify it so that it only regains focus on the announcements?

EX:
sike and thedawg are discussing fuel pressure and you're more interested in ice cream sandwiches. You decide to leave the chat open and do some other stuff, but you don't want it popping up everytime sike says something about only seeing 45psi at 5lbs of boost. You minimize the window, but now it doesn't pop up when anything happens, so someone comes in, asks you something about ice cream sandwiches, and you totally miss it.

If the chat would regain focus on the desktop when announcements were made, you would always know when people logged in, left or got the boot.

Just an idea. Doesn't really matter, but it's an idea...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-14-05 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#401, "RE: idea for the chat?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the pop-up notify disabled, but in IE, it still pops up. In FireFox, it won't.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jul-14-05 01:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#402, "RE: idea for the chat?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
I have the pop-up notify disabled, but in IE, it still pops up. In FireFox, it won't.

No biggie. Figure this forum is more a large scale brainstorming session so I just threw it out there. Tis cool.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #400 Previous topic | Next topic