Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #328
View in linear mode

Subject: "Vendors section?" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-10-05 04:23 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#328, "Vendors section?"

Poss a new section where we can list vendors we deal with. There have been a few new ones opening up, mostly internet based. Not that i want a section liek that to be used for advertisement just simple posts by buyers.

In a way this would fall into the good guys/badguy section but i have always looked at that as a place for 2gnt member names.

The advantage i could see in a vendors section would be a place to ask if a vendor was known, good, or shady. This would keep posts of that nature out of the general section. It would also be a nice resource if anyoen is looking for other places to source parts or prices. Searching would be a tad bit easier as well.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HipHop615Jun-11-05 03:45 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#336, "RE: Vendors section?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-11-05 03:45 PM by HipHop615

Sounds like a pretty good idea =)

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jun-13-05 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#338, "RE: Vendors section?"
In response to Reply # 1

We have something like that on az2gnt. There are format rules that have to be followed (kind of like the FSBO forum here). We have them post only the company name for the title, ask them to share some contact info (who they spoke/dealt with, how they got ahold of them), and then only post comments on that vendor within that one thread. (example: there would only be one thread for ERT)

If people knew that the search would find that vendor by that name, they might see the forum more like the yellow pages and look up the vendor to do some research.

totaleklipse97Jun-13-05 06:46 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#339, "RE: Vendors section?"
In response to Reply # 2

I think this *could be a good idea with the righ format. It would be nice to have things "approved" before they become public. Any material deemed to "inflammatory" could be cleaned up and revised. This could give us quite a bit of information on where you get your parts and places with good prices. I.e. I happened to find a vendor on DSMtooners (yes i went on tooners) and happened to find a good deal on new gsx rotors. I could post -Companies name- then what I bought, how was communication, shipping service, and if there were any problems and how well the company compensated for mistakes. With a good format I think it could lend useful to reviews and price shopping.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #328 Previous topic | Next topic