Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1451
View in linear mode

Subject: "98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II " Previous topic | Next topic
house98gsJun-14-16 10:44 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2016
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1451, "98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II "

Hi guys any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Just got done installing a hahns 16g stage II turbo . In my 1998 gs 420a motor . Still have a few things to tweak here and there but my check engine light been coming on and stayed on . Need some help on clearing it out . And also when I get up to 4000 rpms my engines sputters and kind of stayed there . It wouldn't go pass 4000 rpms and kinda loose power .

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Jun-14-16 06:26 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1452, "RE: 98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II "
In response to Reply # 0

Have you identified the code in the computer causing the Check Engine Light? That is your first step before clearing it.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

house98gsJun-14-16 07:13 PM
0 posts,
#1453, "RE: 98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II "
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Have you identified the code in the computer causing the Check Engine Light? That is your first step before clearing it.

Thanks CODE4 for replying back . I just got done with the install a few days back . Just now starting to button things back up . No I haven't identified the code for causing the check engine light . Sorry for asking but how do I go about in doing that ? Do I need a code reader to plug in the ecu ? I don't have one . What do you recommend?

AdministratorCODE4Jun-15-16 02:43 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#1454, "RE: 98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II "
In response to Reply # 2

Any will work alright that has decent reviews - you could probably head over to Amazon.com and search for an OBDII code reader/clearing tool.

---

2012 2500HD LML

house98gsJun-15-16 09:26 PM
0 posts,
#1455, "RE: 98 eclipse gs with hahns turbo install , stage II "
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by CODE4
Any will work alright that has decent reviews - you could probably head over to Amazon.com and search for an OBDII code reader/clearing tool.

Got it. . Thank you so much will be looking into getting one . Will check it out and see how it goes . 👍

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1451 Previous topic | Next topic