Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1290
View in linear mode

Subject: "pic posts" Previous topic | Next topic
NemoJan-07-09 12:28 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1290, "pic posts"

what's the proper place to post general pics please? Also, how do I upload? (puter newbie here kind of) Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: pic posts, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-07-09 06:58 PM, #1
RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-07-09 07:36 PM, #2
      RE: pic posts, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-08-09 09:28 AM, #3
           RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-09-09 12:37 AM, #4
                RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-09-09 07:14 PM, #5
                     RE: pic posts, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-10-09 09:49 AM, #6
                          RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-10-09 10:29 PM, #7
                               RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-11-09 12:01 AM, #8
                                    RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-11-09 12:14 AM, #9
                                    RE: pic posts, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-11-09 05:03 PM, #10
                                         RE: pic posts, Nemo, Jan-11-09 07:15 PM, #11

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-07-09 06:58 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1291, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 0

If you just want to post pictures of your car then the exterior interior forum is ok as well as the pits.

As for hosting them, you have 2 choices. Use 2gnt or use another like webshots or photobucket.

If you choose 2gnt then you must load the pictures in the pits. Go to post new message and look towards the bottom of the post page. CLick to load attachments. When the attachments page comes up it will look pretty generic and should be self explanatory. When the picture gets loaded, the page will update and you will be given an address of the picture. Copy and past the picture to whatever thread you want. As far as the page you opened to make a new post, just use your back arrow to get out of it.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NemoJan-07-09 07:36 PM
366 posts,
#1292, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 1

Excellent! Thanks Terry.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-08-09 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1293, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 2

You can also upload in Interior/Exterior for posting pictures.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

NemoJan-09-09 12:37 AM
366 posts,
#1294, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks Dino. I'll double post, lol. My kids wants me to get his car in here too. Trying to get him to register right now.

NemoJan-09-09 07:14 PM
366 posts,
#1295, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 4

I tried....really I did. It keeps saying my file size is too big..... means nothing to me cause I don't know much about pics other than I have no problem emailing 6-10 at a time. Oh well, no big.

RoninEclipse2GJan-10-09 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#1296, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 5

just use Photobucket.com then. it lets you resize your pics to something managable and it's pretty easy to figure out. I use it for all my pics that I post

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

NemoJan-10-09 10:29 PM
366 posts,
#1297, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 6

Sounds like a winner. Thanks! I'll go there tomorow.

NemoJan-11-09 12:01 AM
366 posts,
#1298, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 7

I must be lame. I went to photobucket, uploaded some pics, had to shrink to the small size for 2GNT to accept the file size, went to the pits to upload-would only accept 1 pic, got it to accept the attatchment-and (here it is)couldn't get the pic into the message field. I'm going to bed now.

NemoJan-11-09 12:14 AM
366 posts,
#1299, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 8

I repeat-I MUST be lame. I had to check the embed box-you know...the BOLD letters..........damn!

RoninEclipse2GJan-11-09 05:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#1300, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Nemo
I must be lame. I went to photobucket, uploaded some pics, had to shrink to the small size for 2GNT to accept the file size, went to the pits to upload-would only accept 1 pic, got it to accept the attatchment-and (here it is)couldn't get the pic into the message field. I'm going to bed now.

you don't have to attach the files to 2gnt after uploading them to photobucket. there's a drop down menu under each image thumbnail that gives you the image code to hotlink the pic from photobucket to 2gnt.

Example:
a picture in thumbnail form will have a drop down menu, and you can select the direct link box and copy/paste the web address there to your post in 2gnt.

I selected a picture, copied the direct link address
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u12/RoninEclipse2G/12-27-08_1012. jpg (space added at .jpg to show code)
and when I paste it to 2gnt it shows up like this!

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

NemoJan-11-09 07:15 PM
366 posts,
#1301, "RE: pic posts"
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks again. That'll be quicker too! I'll try it in awhile.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1290 Previous topic | Next topic