Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1114
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with Image uploading" Previous topic | Next topic
totaleclipse_05Jun-20-07 05:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1114, "Problem with Image uploading"

Hey guys,

When I try to upload images to 2gnt on the Wiki, it won't let me upload jpg's. It just says I need to have the images in the right format (then lists off the types). If I convert them to gif picture files, they work though. I am a bit confused as to why so I thought I would bring it your guy's attention.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Problem with Image uploading, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-20-07 06:44 AM, #1
RE: Problem with Image uploading, totaleclipse_05, Jun-20-07 08:28 AM, #2
      RE: Problem with Image uploading, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-22-07 02:20 PM, #3
           RE: Problem with Image uploading, totaleclipse_05, Jun-22-07 04:58 PM, #4
                RE: Problem with Image uploading, djtrickee, Jun-23-07 05:35 AM, #5
                     RE: Problem with Image uploading, totaleclipse_05, Jun-23-07 07:28 AM, #6
                          RE: Problem with Image uploading, djtrickee, Jun-23-07 07:36 AM, #7
                               RE: Problem with Image uploading, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-26-07 09:33 AM, #8
                                    RE: Problem with Image uploading, edxmon, Jun-28-07 07:34 PM, #9
                                         RE: Problem with Image uploading, totaleclipse_05, Jun-29-07 04:00 AM, #10
                                              RE: Problem with Image uploading, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-29-07 06:28 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Problem with Image uploading, Moderatorjuan, Jan-10-08 04:55 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Problem with Image uploading, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-11-08 10:31 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Problem with Image uploading, Moderatorjuan, Jan-11-08 02:57 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Problem with Image uploading, Moderatorjuan, Jan-11-08 03:04 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Problem with Image uploading, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-12-08 11:33 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Problem with Image uploading, totaleclipse_05, Jan-30-08 06:22 AM, #17

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-20-07 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1115, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Hey guys, When I try to upload images to 2gnt on the Wiki, it won't let me upload jpg's. It just says I need to have the images in the right format (then lists off the types). If I convert them to gif picture files, they work though. I am a bit confused as to why so I thought I would bring it your guy's attention.

I've heard this before... but the system checks MIME types, not extensions. I can't imaging how the mime type could be wrong.

I've asked for people to send me images that fail so I can figure out why,m and no one does.

'Send me the F*$%ING IMAGE.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Jun-20-07 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1116, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this:

"File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!"

Image sent to you dino.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Moderatorcs82685Jun-22-07 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#1117, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this: "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!" Image sent to you dino.

I had the same problem when trying to upload a few images, ended up saving them as bitmaps then uploading. Lost some quality but still good enough for what I was aiming to do.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

totaleclipse_05Jun-22-07 04:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1118, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this: "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!" Image sent to you dino.
I had the same problem when trying to upload a few images, ended up saving them as bitmaps then uploading. Lost some quality but still good enough for what I was aiming to do.

Yeah same here. I sent a picture I was having problems with to Dino and he tried it and it worked for him so I don't know what the problem could be.

Mike D

djtrickeeJun-23-07 05:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#1119, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 4

so I don't know what the problem could be.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

totaleclipse_05Jun-23-07 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1120, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 so I don't know what the problem could be.

Tried it and still didn't work ...ass lol

Mike D

djtrickeeJun-23-07 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#1121, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 so I don't know what the problem could be.
Tried it and still didn't work ...ass lol

haha!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-26-07 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#1122, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-26-07 09:33 AM by bullettdsm

Count me in with the same problem. Tried all the strategies gave up and just loaded them on putfile and worked from there. Would of rather put them on the wiki, but it wasn't happenning. I just figured it was old man user error.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

edxmonJun-28-07 07:34 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#1123, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 8

imageshack.us FTW.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

totaleclipse_05Jun-29-07 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1124, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by edxmon
imageshack.us FTW.

The reason we are uploading them to the 2gnt site is so there is no chance of the pictures being lost 2-3-10 years down the road.

Mike D

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-29-07 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1125, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by edxmon imageshack.us FTW.
The reason we are uploading them to the 2gnt site is so there is no chance of the pictures being lost 2-3-10 years down the road.

Agreed.

Like I said, if you have an image that fails, send it to me. The one I've been sent so far worked when I uploaded it. I'd like to get a failing image file so I can figure out what the hell MIME type it's reporting.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

ModeratorjuanJan-10-08 04:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1170, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 11

was there ever a resolution for this?

Originally tried a jpg saved to my machine from here:
h ttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/ez1_03/DSC00096.jpg
in this thread:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30276

I then tried converting it to a PNG (MS Paintz, yo), but still getting an error when attempting to upload:

"File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, doc or msq!
Failed to upload file CypressPD_01.png Reason: 0 Filetype: image/x-png"

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-11-08 10:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1171, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 12
Jan-11-08 10:34 AM by DarkOne

Originally posted by juan
was there ever a resolution for this? Originally tried a jpg saved to my machine from here: h ttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/ez1_03/DSC00096.jpg in this thread: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30276 I then tried converting it to a PNG (MS Paintz, yo), but still getting an error when attempting to upload:
  "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, doc or msq!   Failed to upload file CypressPD_01.png Reason: 0 Filetype: image/x-png"

I added some additional output code so i could try to figure it out, but you're the first person that's reported anything since.

Wonder if i have x-png as a mime type in the file check...

*edit* I didn't... try now.

else if ($HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/jpeg" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/jpg" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/gif" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/bmp" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/png" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/x-png") {

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

ModeratorjuanJan-11-08 02:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1172, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 13
Jan-11-08 03:01 PM by juan

that did the trick!

I thought it'd be neat to have a collection/index of notable 2GNTs. See the Community page...

ModeratorjuanJan-11-08 03:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1173, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 13

BTW, how about an enhancement request for allowing multiple images to be uploaded at once (i.e. control &/or shift -click on the Choose File popup).

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-12-08 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1174, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by juan
BTW, how about an enhancement request for allowing multiple images to be uploaded at once (i.e. control &/or shift -click on the Choose File popup).

it already does that You can do up to 10 at once.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

totaleclipse_05Jan-30-08 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1189, "RE: Problem with Image uploading"
In response to Reply # 16

I haven't tried it in a while, but I just kept converting my pics to .gif files since it wouldn't upload .jpg for some reason. I'll have to try it later today to see if I still get that problem.

Mike D

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1114 Previous topic | Next topic