Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95437
View in linear mode

Subject: "Timing or crankshaft sensor?" Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Jan-01-06 02:45 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95437, "Timing or crankshaft sensor?"

Hey I have a 95 Eclipse...well when it starts it will run really rough...shaking and all sorts of other crap...well I am throwing a code 11, not sure if it is the timing or a crankshaft sensor, the car runs better after warmed up and drives fine...how can I diagnose this? Sorry but its my first eclipse so I kno nothing about them. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cougar694uJan-03-06 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95484, "RE: Timing or crankshaft sensor?"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't remember for sure, but can the 95 model be scanned by an OBDII reader? If so, that may help in pin-point the issue, as the 11 code is kinda broad.

Check the connectors and wires on both, the cam sensor and the crank sensor, to make sure they're not corroded, cracked, or broken some how. When the wires/metal connectors heat up, they expand, and can sometimes make better connections than when cold.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jan-03-06 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#95486, "RE: Timing or crankshaft sensor?"
In response to Reply # 1

You can back probe both the CAS and CMP. Look for an alternating 5VDC while the engine is cranking (disconnect the main engine fuse so it will not turn over). I'd bet it's timing. I went through days of electrical troubleshooting just to find that my timing wasn't holding (tensioner took a shit on me).

Good luck.

BlizareJan-03-06 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#95490, "RE: Timing or crankshaft sensor?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea it's gotta be timing cause if the sensor was fuckered it wouldn't even start.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

thedawgJan-04-06 06:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#95512, "RE: Timing or crankshaft sensor?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-04-06 06:05 AM by thedawg

Um neither.
Cold start problems are usually caused by the IAC (Idle Air controller) on the back of the throttlebody.

A timing problem would feel like a "lumpy" idle that doesn't ever go away.

A crankshaft sensor failure would either stop the engine, or cause sporadic severe loss of power.

And yes, the 1995 uses the same OBD2 scanner as all the other 2G's.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95437 Previous topic | Next topic