Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82228
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 fpr question" Previous topic | Next topic
2point4Oct-25-04 03:31 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
406 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82228, "95 fpr question"

i have a 95 with the stock fpr, i'm going for the 2.4 swap here soon and need some opinions on the fuel rail situation. i have an extra 97 fuel rail at home and was going to get the 24 pound injectors and the a/n fittings to braze on (like metaljim's 8 inj setup - sick imo!!) but if i take that stock fpr off will my ecu fault? and if it does, is there a way to bypass to use an aftermarket fpr?? thanks fellas...chris

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 95 fpr question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-25-04 04:34 PM, #1
RE: 95 fpr question, optimuspeterson, Oct-25-04 04:35 PM, #2
RE: 95 fpr question, 2point4, Oct-25-04 05:01 PM, #3
      RE: 95 fpr question, 2point4, Oct-25-04 05:05 PM, #4
           RE: 95 fpr question, Ark, Oct-25-04 05:40 PM, #5
                RE: 95 fpr question, 2point4, Oct-25-04 07:37 PM, #6
                     RE: 95 fpr question, jdpilot, Oct-26-04 02:12 PM, #7
                          RE: 95 fpr question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-26-04 02:33 PM, #8

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-25-04 04:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82229, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 0

Fuel pressure regulators are mechanical. They cannot cause the ECU to throw a code. The ECU also does not monitor fuel pressure.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optimuspetersonOct-25-04 04:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#82230, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-25-04 04:35 PM by optimuspeterson

I'm pretty sure takin the fpr off won't make the ECU do anything. Corbin use to/does have link on his site to disable the 95 fuel pressure regulator. Nothing plugs into the regulator so if anything made the ECU throw a code it would be the fact it doesn't see the a specific fuel pressure its looking for. But i'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

Edit....
Dino beat me to it.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

2point4Oct-25-04 05:01 PM
406 posts,
#82232, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 2

sweet!! thanks for the responses guys, i had read that on the 95's the computer reads the output of the fpr and adjusts itself accordingly. so i needed to make sure before i built the other rail. i'll look for that link about disabling mine, if you have it handy can you throw it up here for us? thanks again...chris

2point4Oct-25-04 05:05 PM
406 posts,
#82233, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 3

hey, i found the disabling link in the mods section but the link is dead now, could somebody give me a hand with this one? thanks in advance...chris

ArkOct-25-04 05:40 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#82235, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 2point4
hey, i found the disabling link in the mods section but the link is dead now, could somebody give me a hand with this one? thanks in advance...chris

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/fpr.html

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

2point4Oct-25-04 07:37 PM
406 posts,
#82242, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 5

you da man!!....chris

jdpilotOct-26-04 02:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#82261, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 6

You know, I never did understand that pic in the fpr disabling instructions. The "cut" that is being made, is it just through the unit a bit or is one cutting off the nipple in its entirety. Anyone got some real pix of a hacked fpr???

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-26-04 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#82262, "RE: 95 fpr question"
In response to Reply # 7

If you took it off the rail, you'd understand. The return stuff starts as a tube that runs the interior length of the rail, starting at the regulator. When you cut off the section shown in that writeup, you're basically disconnecting the regulator from the tube and opening the return tube to the rail pressure directly. It's really just a bypass method, but it gets the job done.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82228 Previous topic | Next topic