Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4683
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A real simple, but urgent question!" Previous topic | Next topic
solar1Jul-06-01 12:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4683, "A real simple, but urgent question!"

Hi All,
I want to clean my engine this afternoon so i can inspect for leaks and things before my car gets operated on. Can you guys recommend a good, but EASY engine cleaner? Also, is there anything i have to look out for like things to cover before i use and also what my car might act like once i do it? I've heard that some of your cars drive rough for a while.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
klipzracerJul-06-01 12:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4684, "RE: A real simple, but urgent question!"
In response to Reply # 0

watch your spark plugs wires and try not to get any water in the holes or you will get mad arcing action. i really don't know about cleaner. oh...and watch for anything electrical like fuses and $h!t.

Chris Dishmon

"Fillet Mignon?!?!?! How about a big slab of tube steak for the pretty lady."

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RS_GuyJul-06-01 12:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#4685, "RE: A real simple, but urgent question!"
In response to Reply # 1

Trust me, with all those vents on his hood, Chris should know !

Jus' Kiddn' Chris.. couldn't resist!

Guy
RS_Guy

"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd have bought an EVO"

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

solar1Jul-06-01 12:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#4686, "RE: A real simple, but urgent question!"
In response to Reply # 1

If it arcs will i destroy anything besides the wires? because that's happened to me before when the car was brand new it had bad wires that arced and chrysler replaced them cause mitsu wouldn't.

klipzracerJul-06-01 02:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4687, "hahaha"
In response to Reply # 3

i feel so slutty......my engine is showing! you show a lil engine and everyone wants to stare at your slits! when you wash it, wiped down the plugs and in the spark plug holes as far as you can then use a hair dryer to dry them and the wires off. as far as cleaning the engine i would just use the engine cleaning stuff at the carwash and touch-up with windex and a rag(spraying the windex on the rag).

Chris Dishmon

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

solar1Jul-06-01 02:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#4688, "RE: hahaha"
In response to Reply # 4

THank you for that info i appreciate!
BTW you were great! you're slits are beautiful (only kidding.. i was goin with the motions):P

klipzracerJul-06-01 02:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4689, "hey!"
In response to Reply # 5

don't be making any motions towards my slits! i don't let just anyone see what i got under the hood, ya know. i'm not that easy!

Chris Dishmon

chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

RS_GuyJul-06-01 03:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#4690, "RE: hey!"
In response to Reply # 6

What a tease!

Guy
RS_Guy

"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd have bought an EVO"

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

SkrillaJul-08-01 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#4691, "engine Gunk"
In response to Reply # 0

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4683 Previous topic | Next topic