Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4654
View in linear mode

Subject: "quick question" Previous topic | Next topic
eck0Jul-05-01 12:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4654, "quick question"

What does a supercharger do in comparison to a turbocharger? If I get a supercharger would I have to redo the internals? Will any supercharger fit? Also does this sound like a good deal for one? I'm not exactly sure what kind it is because it's my dads friends, but it's supposed to give a 45% HP gain. He wants a grand for it.

(1996rs klipz) wishin' I had some mods

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jul-05-01 12:15 PM

#4655, "RE: quick question"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont think a supercharger would work on our cars. You can't just swap superchargers from car to car. They have to be a custom fit. Check this site out for the differences of super charging and turboing. Turbos are much better than superchargers......

http://www.hrchahnracecraft.com/About_HRC/Tech__Info/tech__info.html

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stageI
Stage 2 very soon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSJul-05-01 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4656, "RE: quick question"
In response to Reply # 0

The difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger is the way that the turbines are propelled. A supercharger is belt driven. A large belt, much like a timing belt, it connected to the crank which propells the turbine in driect proportion to the rotational speed if the crankshaft. A turbo is propelled by the exhaust gasses coming out of the head. Granted, a SC will have no "turbo lag", but turbos are capable of much more high end power. I don't believe that there are any SC kits available for non turbo diamond stars unless they are custom. I know that there is a kit for the PT Cruiser motor, but I don't believe that it will fit our cars.

----------------------
all motor
no rice

Injen w/K+N
Magnecor 8.5's
A'pex-i World Sport cat-back
Front and rear MachV STB's

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4654 Previous topic | Next topic