Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #15471
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP!! - car doesnt move" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipsegsnaFeb-21-02 10:30 PM
Member since Feb 21st 2002
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15471, "HELP!! - car doesnt move"

when i put the car in any gear it doesnt move - the engine runs good but it just doesnt move- what shall i do??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Feb-22-02 01:44 AM, #1
RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Jen, Feb-22-02 01:57 AM, #2
      RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, 95eclipsegsna, Feb-22-02 03:04 AM, #3
           RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Mystic511, Feb-22-02 03:21 AM, #4
                RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Erik, Feb-22-02 03:27 AM, #5
                     RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-22-02 04:06 AM, #6
                          RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Erik, Feb-22-02 04:30 AM, #7
                               RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-22-02 04:35 AM, #8
                                    RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, 95eclipsegsna, Feb-22-02 02:46 PM, #9
                                         RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-22-02 03:42 PM, #10
                                              RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move, Twiste, Feb-23-02 06:12 AM, #11

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Feb-22-02 01:44 AM

#15472, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you a 5spd? auto? What does the car sound like? How many miles? etc More info plz.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JenFeb-22-02 01:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15473, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, give some more details.
Does it not move when you hit the gas and release the clutch?
Does it just not accelerate?
Can you push it when it is in neutral?

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

95eclipsegsnaFeb-22-02 03:04 AM
167 posts,
#15474, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 2

yea i'm a 5sp - the car will rev up when it is in gear it just doesnt move - you can puc\sh it when it is in neutral - it goes into all gears fine - clutch stil has pressure on it it just doesnt move!

Mystic511Feb-22-02 03:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#15475, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 3

are you releasing the emergency brake? j/k

um... if you just bought it.. you might want to take this up with the dealer.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

ErikFeb-22-02 03:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#15476, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 4

Man I don't want to be the burden of crappy news, but It sounds like your clutch might be just gone. It might slipping so bad that it can't pull its own weight. If you can get through all the gears w/o any movement, maybe your clutch isn't engaging. It sounds like you need to go back to whoever sold you the car and have them deal w/ it.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-22-02 04:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#15477, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 5

Nah, i doubt it. Check your shifter linkage. Sounds like the cables came loose.. they're under the center console. It's easy to take out - only six screws and your shift knob..

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ErikFeb-22-02 04:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#15478, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 6

I didn't think of that one! But he said that the car was going into gear?

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-22-02 04:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#15479, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 7

Doesn't necesarily mean it's going into gear.

Either that or his shift fork is broken...

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95eclipsegsnaFeb-22-02 02:46 PM
167 posts,
#15480, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 8

I had a mekanik look at it and was a and i quote "the clutch and pressure plate BLEW up, i was lucky it didnt come throught the firewall" ? is that possible with normal driving??

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-22-02 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#15481, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 9

Who's to say? It's a used car.

Good on money? Buy a CM stage 4...

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TwisteFeb-23-02 06:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#15482, "RE: HELP!! - car doesnt move"
In response to Reply # 10

happened to me too. Normal driving and my clutch shattered. When they opened the clutch housing all this liquid and shattered clutch pieces just fell out!:-D how do ya like that. Anyways...i couldnt shift into gear at all and the car wouldnt start. hmmmmmm...sounds like you have what i have.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #15471 Previous topic | Next topic