Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138535
View in linear mode

Subject: "Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling." Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevFeb-03-15 09:21 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138535, "Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling."

So I just finished another rebuild and this is a first for me. I started up my freshly rebuilt motor and I was looking at the crank pulley, it has a significant wobble to it. I only have the alternator belt on it to make sure everything is in working order before I put the accessory belt on. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. The pulley looked to be in pretty good condition when I installed, so I'm kind of stumped as to why it would be wobbling like this..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezFeb-03-15 10:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138536, "RE: Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling."
In response to Reply # 0

I would replace it before you throw belts or it causes premature wearing of your crank bearings. I've never have seen a warped crank pulley, even on the soft aluminum aftermarket UDPs.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevFeb-03-15 11:22 PM
261 posts,
#138537, "RE: Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ez
I would replace it before you throw belts or it causes premature wearing of your crank bearings. I've never have seen a warped crank pulley, even on the soft aluminum aftermarket UDPs.

Yeah, that's why I'm so thrown.... I know its fully seated and the bolt is torqued. Never seen that before, just weird.

John99RSFeb-04-15 05:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#138539, "RE: Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling."
In response to Reply # 2

My stock one started to wobble just over 100,000 miles. I figured the rubber layer between the two sections of the pulley was the cause. I got a new oem one from Mitsu(mopar part) and now it's perfect.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

VendorRed90SevFeb-24-15 06:30 PM
261 posts,
#138555, "RE: Crank pulley/Harmonic balancer wobbling."
In response to Reply # 3

Turns out it was a bad pulley. The rubber inside was deteriorating. Replaced it with a new one and works perfect now.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138535 Previous topic | Next topic