Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138446
View in linear mode

Subject: "1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks" Previous topic | Next topic
Rage.and.TriumphJul-03-14 09:30 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2014
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138446, "1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks"

Alright, so I have a '95 GS I just rebuilt the engine on not long ago. It ran afterwards, but initially took a lot of cranking to start, and needed the throttle down a bit to start. But other than the rough start and some stuff I chalked up to a vacuum leak off the backend of the engine where the Cruise used to be (previous owner removed) like the throttle staying open at around 2-3k while driving. Which, after I did some work on the vacuum line, seemed to go away. Anyway, I put the car up on jack stands for a few weeks up front because I had to swap a bad wheel hub assembly out, and since then it hasn't started or ran. I had to change the oil out because I've tried starting it so much. It just pours fuel into the cyl and eventually it bleeds into the block. I know the fuel run is common with new rings, but I've tried oil in the cyl to up compression and it really didn't make a difference. I'm definitely getting strong spark and fuel, but possibly intermittently. I noticed something the last time I could work on the car with the fuel pump only engaging after the batt was disconnected. I read on a possible issue with the CAS that would explain that, but I haven't had the chance to work on this lately, so I figured if see if anyone had had this happen to them. I've checked codes, and nothing is talking aside from the batt disconnect read.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sfhawkeyeJul-03-14 10:25 PM
Member since Nov 16th 2008
10 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138447, "RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks"
In response to Reply # 0

95's still have those crappy Crank Position Sensor's. Did you replace the CKP with a newer one? Could be your problem. Also check the CPS while your at it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Rage.and.TriumphJul-03-14 10:29 PM
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138448, "RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, the more I look into it, the more it looks sensor related. It's not like I'd just lose compression while it was parked to the point where it wouldn't start, right? That doesn't make sense.

Rage.and.TriumphAug-11-14 07:35 PM
6 posts,
#138470, "RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks"
In response to Reply # 2

So, I've got it to start by bump starting it, and it's running very rough, like I'm not firing on all cyls. I'm letting it cool down before I try a compression test, but any ideas? I can't get it to idle, and it drives but barely.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138446 Previous topic | Next topic