Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138427
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone running high hp clutches?! I NEED HELP CHOOSING" Previous topic | Next topic
Gruff511Jun-05-14 09:18 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138427, "anyone running high hp clutches?! I NEED HELP CHOOSING"

So I've been on a competition stg 4 clutch for a while now on 23psi of boost and I went to turn it up to 25psi and the clutch starts slipping between hard shifts and at the top of 4th. I know the clutch disc still has life to it because it doesnt have a lot of use to it so im trying to find a replacement pressure plate for more clamping force. I have a fidanza flywheel that needs a 95 neon clutch but I cant find and info on what pressure plate can hold enough torque and that will.fit the fidanza flywheel.
Any help is appreciated!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JJun-06-14 09:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138428, "RE: anyone running high hp clutches?! I NEED HELP CHOOSING"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-06-14 09:12 AM by J

Best recommendation is to find a company you're comfortable with and give them a call... they are ALL very, very helpful and are happy to discuss what they have they feel would be best. Be sure to have an idea of what torque and bhp you're putting down, because you'll be asked (psi won't help them).

I'm not terribly familiar w/ Comp Clutches, am putting down ~300hp on 20psi using S20G-H... have been driving an Eclipse since 1998 as daily driver: when started boosting, I went w/ Clutchmasters FX400, then Southbend DX4, then tried new Clutchmasters FX350 (was just introduced), and then back to FX400 (was very unhappy w/ FX350). Me personally am most happy w/ the FX400... BUT I would again suggest you call the companies and just have a nice/frank conversation of what you're looking for.

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511Jul-20-14 10:09 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#138459, "RE: anyone running high hp clutches?! I NEED HELP CHOOSING"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-20-14 10:15 PM by Gruff511

so i talked to a couple companies and all of them recommend a twin disc of course or a solid disc but i know theres some 420a's out there making more power then me without twin discs or solid hub clutches.
Ive been running on 23psi since the clutch doesnt really slip at that boost level but it feels like the turbo doesnt wake up till at least 25psi so i need something that will hold more then 500hp and at least 400ftlbs

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-05-14 06:27 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#138466, "RE: anyone running high hp clutches?! I NEED HELP CHOOSING"
In response to Reply # 2

I would not recommend the clutch your using. If it is slippign at 25 psi then that company is trying to manufactur budget clutches and claim they are stage 4 or whatever.

Clutchmaster FX400 sprung hub is a fantastic clutch and will take over 500HP at the crank. I had no issues with mine.

South Bend will also build you a clutch to meet your application as well.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138427 Previous topic | Next topic