Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137439
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo Rad in NT" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorPaul-RTMRacingOct-24-12 05:43 PM
Member since Oct 24th 2012
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137439, "Turbo Rad in NT"

I'm assuming there's a few NT guys running with an aftermarket 2g turbo rad. 'Course, the challange is which hoses to use. I'm guessing some guys have gone with those universal accordian style stainless hoses and persuaded them to work. My question is: what are the approx lengths I would be looking at? From a dry mockup I've done it looks like about 18" for the upper and 36" for the lower. Does that sound right? I ask because I don't have an NT engine bay in front of me here and I'm going from memory as to where the hoses terminate at the engine. Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse420agsOct-25-12 07:38 AM
Member since Apr 23rd 2012
99 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137448, "RE: Turbo Rad in NT"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-25-12 08:08 AM by eclipse420ags

Not sure what the 4g63 radiator hoses look like but if you look at the CAPS above ^^^ it will give you an idea of the 420a.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511Oct-25-12 11:51 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#137450, "RE: Turbo Rad in NT"
In response to Reply # 1

i used a turbo radiator for like a week but didnt like the location of the top hose. It faces right at our exhaust manifold so it needs a 90 degree bend on it at the top and the bottom needed a U-bend. In all I used the stock 420a hoses with a pair of 4g63 hoses. If you were to use a Turbo Rad. i'd recommend using the neon or 2.4l lower water pipe since it will allow you to use less tubing and will keep the coolant lines away from the downpipe.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137439 Previous topic | Next topic